Hi folks.
I'm in the market for buying some bands to do shoulder prehab work with - dislocates and stuff like Ido's routine (
Thanks.
Started by Max Johnson, May 9, 2010 · 9 Replies · 6,255 Views
Hi folks.
I'm in the market for buying some bands to do shoulder prehab work with - dislocates and stuff like Ido's routine (
Thanks.
I'd like some suggestions for where / how to shop for them?
I'll go looking here in India, but I'd appreciate any suggestions on stores in the US (In person or Online) or UK.
yeah, anyone can suggest what ironwoody bands are needed for ido's shoulder prehab routine?
are ironwoody's bands all I need for those exercises or theraband are required as well? in case which ones?
I'm lost, so many to choose from.
thanks
Guys, its just a rubber tube or band, don't get too hung up.
I happen to like strand pulling so i have a fair collection, plus i have a yoga studio, that gives me an excuse. But in all reality, to do the prehab, anything that's not too strong will work. I prefer the tubes to bands for this, they feel stretchier but again its not a big deal.
Since you are in Switzerland, here's where i recently purchased some tubes.
http://www.perform-better.de/Produktkategorien/Baender-und-Tubes/Lifeline-Profitube.html
India, sorry no idea, but i honestly think you can find almost anything in India, even a long bungie cord will work, some say they are even better in fact.
For Ido's i'd say somewhere from Level 3-5 is what you want. I started with 3 but am not the strongest guy on the forum. Some of my female students or injured students need even lower.
I had someone get me a set of Tubes with handles. Black Mountain Products Set (from Amazon.com)
thanks mr brady, I see your point and I probably have to try several different bands and tubes myself. Your advice are always very kind and wise. Thanks as usual.
My coach use to have us warm up dislocates with towels, very simple and cheap, although it doesn't adhere to Ido's full routine towels are great for dislocates and other shoulder flexibility stretches.
I prefer #2 41 inch bands for the pre/rehab u mentioned.
If you do buy iron woody, I recommend a package of 41 inch bands if you are a 'homemade gym' type.
Opens up alot of options (make a harness to simulate sled drag/sprints, exercise assists, etc)
Also, for ido's shoulder routine bands with handles are a little more
comfortable.
HOWEVER the vast majority of other things I've ever tried with bands
have been slighty annoying to nightmarish if they weren't closed circles like the woody bands.
For example, look at the WOD's on mobilitywod.blogspot.com that include
mobilizing the hip joint.
That is a pain n the !!! with single-stranded bands with handles.
I'd have to tie them into loops, the handles shorten the length and get in the
way.
thanks whaleysa,
very informative and helpful, I'll follow your advices.
I had a pretty neat band system that allowed you to connect other bands to the handles via the D-ring.
I wouldn't think of using iron woody bands for prehab, rather therabands or those weight bands with handles (preferred).