This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE1 + iM (Scapular Shrugs & Swivel Hips) Form Check Request

Started by Brandon Judoprasetijo, August 9, 2019 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Brandon Judoprasetijo

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some pointers on how I can master my form for the scapular shrug & swivel hips. Here's the link to where I'm at today: 

 

 

A few questions come to my mind as I watch myself:

1. I know my scapular protraction is a weakness of mine. What can I do technique wise to improve this? What can I do outside of the standard routine to continually work at this? (ex: doing this exercise X number more times per week, a different exercise, etc.)

2. Am I activating my PPT correctly?

3. Sometimes when I'm swiveling my right side inward, I feel a sharper pain in the inner thigh-side of the knee cap. I don't feel this on my left leg - any ideas on what this might be or what I'm doing incorrectly?

4. Any other comments or suggestions for either of these exercises?

 

As always, thank you all for your help!

 

Sincerely,

Brandon

Alessandro Mainente

HI Brandon,

-it is pretty clear that retraction is much easier for you. at this point of the progression, you are not able of activating completely the serratus anterior in order to reach the full protraction. now a solution is continuing to do this exercise BUT first, stretch your scapulae adductor. a simple way is suspending yourself in the bottom position of the RC PE1 or better PE2 and simply feel the stretch in the middle of the upper back. 

-your hips are the weak point, the internal rotation is very limited. feeling a stretch in the inner knee is pretty common, do not overpush if you feel it, give the body the times to adapt especially if you are sore the day after.

Brandon Judoprasetijo

Thank you for the feedback coach! I'll give it time with your guidance in mind.