This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE 1 (Incline Row) Form Check

Started by Brandon Judoprasetijo, August 9, 2019 · 2 Replies · 37 Views

Brandon Judoprasetijo

Hi GST coaches & peers,

 

Would you mind checking my form on the incline rows please? I want to make sure that I'm doing these correctly. 

 

https://youtu.be/Xi-0gq1kngs

 

A few questions that come to my mind as I'm doing this and watching myself:

1. Am I engaging my lats/rear delts correctly?

2. Should I intentionally "pinch/squeeze my shoulder blades" at the top of the movement?

3. My left/right side feel imbalanced, and watching myself I can kind of see the amount of negative space between my elbow and armpit is uneven. Any advice on what I may be doing incorrectly?

4. Other suggestions for improvement?

 

Thanks for all your help, I sincerely appreciate it.

Brandon

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Brandon, technical mistake first:

-probably feet should be adjusted (but I cannot see them from here) a side view is better. they should be a bit in front of the door frame;

-the lower edge of the rings should be approximately at sternum level;

-rotate completely the grip at the top of the rep so that you can see your palm;

-depress the shoulder all the time;

-think about moving the elbows closer to the body. if the rings are too high you have zero chances to move the elbows closer t the body because the only solution to complete the rings is moving them to the side.

Brandon Judoprasetijo

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the coaching point - it's a bit difficult to get a side view given my positioning for the pull-up bar, but i'll try to get one for next time.

Looking forward to incorporating your advice and giving it some time - will return with improvements in the future!