This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake

Started by Reilly Herbst, August 4, 2019 · 15 Replies · 259 Views

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly, my suggestion here do not lean more if you cannot hold the APT. 

Reilly Herbst

When I’m holding the stretch it feels like I have apt but in the video it looks like my backs rounded

Alessandro Mainente

So you need to use something elevated under your hips until the APT is preserved.

Reilly Herbst

Should I elevate my hips for all my pancake work?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Reilly, I would recommend doing that until your APT is locked in as Alex suggested.

Reilly Herbst

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Solid work, Reilly! I recommend hitting a strong APT before leaning into your stretch. Then, only go as low as you are able while maintaining APT.

Reilly Herbst

Ok great, should I sit on 2 blocks or is one fine?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly, the second video is better, my suggestion is arching the lower back...feeling the sensation of the muscles contracting. now while feeling this sensation....lean forward and stop when the sensation begins to reduce.

Alessandro Mainente

Do you feel activation on the lower back?

Reilly Herbst

Should I add anymore pancake work to my schedule? Or should I just stick to ms stretch series once a week?

Reilly Herbst

Should I add anymore pancake work to my weekly schedule? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your are welcome to include some pancake work in your daily warm up and cool down. On your non-stretch days there's no need to hold your pancake for longer than 20-30 seconds.