This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Formcheck

Started by Nils Westfelt, July 31, 2019 · 8 Replies · 100 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hello guys!

im trying to find a good measurement for how far I need to lean. Right now I’m using a mat on the floor and I’m putting my knees and hands just outside the mat. I can hold this amount of lean for 30s for five sets, but I’m guessing the lean isn’t enough here? 

Cheers

 

Nils Westfelt

I’m doing a session again tomorrow, maybe one of the coaches can check before that? Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente

Hey NIls, generally speaking, i would like to see more protraction and more lean. reduce the seconds and increase those parameters.

Nils Westfelt
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey NIls, generally speaking, i would like to see more protraction and more lean. reduce the seconds and increase those parameters.

Here’s another video from today. For my own measurement sake, is this enough lean or do you want even more from me? :) 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're super close, Nils! Right now your wrists/palms are located between the bottom of your ribs and your belly button. Your goals is to lean so that they are between your belly button and your hips. Keep up the great work!

Nils Westfelt

@Jeffrey Bittner

Im guessing this lean isn’t enough either? 
I’m really struggling with this progression. Is there any complementary exercises I could do to up my strength in this position or something? Progress is super slow. 
The string you can see in the picture is below my bellybutton and I’m trying to get it in between my hands. 
Cheers 

 

FE30D50C-FF12-4B10-833E-B0C718067B93.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Nils Westfelt said:

@Jeffrey Bittner

Im guessing this lean isn’t enough either? 
I’m really struggling with this progression. Is there any complementary exercises I could do to up my strength in this position or something? Progress is super slow. 
The string you can see in the picture is below my bellybutton and I’m trying to get it in between my hands. 
Cheers 

 

FE30D50C-FF12-4B10-833E-B0C718067B93.jpeg

I think that 1-2 cm more. Progress can be slow due to other factors. for example..are you training to failure? if yes..don't do it..now and never. Another thing is...are you doing this progression once a week or twice?

Nils Westfelt

@Alessandro Mainente Currently I’m doing this progression once a week on upper body days. I could probably squeeze in more sessions of this progression on other days as well. Should I add one more day to start with and see how it goes? 
cheers

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Nils Westfelt said:

@Alessandro Mainente Currently I’m doing this progression once a week on upper body days. I could probably squeeze in more sessions of this progression on other days as well. Should I add one more day to start with and see how it goes? 
cheers

Hey Nils, probably yes. My suggestion is to do more every 2 weeks...so

week 1: once a week

week 2:  twice a week same exact workout

week 3: once a week

week 4: like week 2

etc