I started a very toned down version of this type of training about 6 months ago now. Due to injuries and not being able to count properly (doh) I've been on very low volume static holds so far as a method of physio. It's only in the last couple of months I've been able to do any exercises worth posting at all realy, previous workout logs would have looked like that of the crypt-keeper trying to get into shape! I realise it isn't much to scream about yet but I'm getting there after nearly two years off due to my injury and lots of bad physio advice :x . Anyways, this is what I'm doing now and all my strength training is purely isometric as FBE's have just caused flare-ups of injuries for me. I do 3 workouts a week (Workout A-C) with workout prehab every time and now high rep and cardio work at the end of each session. I've stick to SSC's strictly and I'm in week 7 of cycle 3. I'm going to continue this cycle and future ones to 12weeks from now on as a further conservative measure against re-agravating my injuries.
Workout prehab
L-flys against door frame - 2*15s
Lateral raises - 2* 15s
(Fists against top of door frame, elbows at shoulder height, elbows at 90degrees to work supraspinitus)
+Light stretching of all muscle groups (10mins)
Workout A
Rows on rings - 2*15s
(body horizontal, feet on chair)
Planche leans - 3*12s
(body horizontal, feet on chair)
L-sit - 3*8s
Pistol hold just off bottom - 15s*2 each
(with 5kg ounterbalance)
Hamstring curl - 3*8s
(ankles hanging from pull-up bar)
Single leg Calf raise - 2*15s each
(With extra 20kg dumbell)
Wrist curls - 20s lateral/20s medial
(10kg each arm, arms straight my my sides)
Fingertip holds - 15*2
(Press-up position with feet on chair)
Workout B
Iso pull-up +17.5kg - 3*12s
(at 170, 90 & 20degrees)
Headstand/RLL - 2*15s
(Feet held at 45degrees)
L-sit - 3*8s
Pistol hold just off bottom - 15s*2 each
(with 5kg ounterbalance)
Hamstring curl - 3*8s
(ankles hanging from pull-up bar)
Single leg Calf raise - 2*15s each
(With extra 20kg dumbell)
Wrist curls - 20s lateral/20s medial
(10kg each arm, arms straight my my sides)
Fingertip holds - 15*2
(Press-up position with feet on chair)
Workout C
A.Tuck Font lever - 4*8s
(on rings)
A.Tuck Back lever - 4*8s
Pistol hold just off bottom - 15s*2 each
(with 5kg ounterbalance)
Hamstring curl - 3*8s
(ankles hanging from pull-up bar)
Single leg Calf raise - 2*15s each
(With extra 20kg dumbell)
Wrist curls - 20s lateral/20s medial
(10kg each arm, arms straight my my sides)
Fingertip holds - 15*2
(Press-up position with feet on chair)
NB. When I first realised I was only doing 30s each exercise I jumped to 60s which caused instant flare-up on old injuries showing I was toeing the line. I will be building up to a full 60s in each exercise by adding approx 10s a month more on each exercise as off the end of this cycle, as per Blairbobs helpfull advice on this matter.
Post-workout Cardio/Joint physio
20mins on rowing machine (heart rate 120-140)
Calf raises - 33*3
Lateral raises - 33*3
Bench press 15kg - 33*3
Wrist flippers - 70*3
(Empty 1kg dumbell bar)
Isometric stretching of groin and hamstrings
NB. Im finding an increase of 2-3reps every 2weeks and an extra 2mins on the rower to be the right balance of improvement without aggravating my injuries.
Future Goals for before I hit 30 (3 years)
Full back and front lever
Straddle planche
Iso OAC at various angles
Iso RLL with feet and head just off floor
Iso pistol with 50kg
Iso calf raise with 70kg
Iso 1 leg hamstring curl (never seen done)
Advanced L-sit on rings and finger-tips
False grip on rings and Coach Sommers Wrist pre-hab push-ups (light years away... cant even do them against the wall)
I realise these goals may even take me well into my 30's to attain considering my size (6'5'' and 231 pounds) but as long as I see consistant progress and make my joints indestructable to injury for my MMA I'll be happy.