This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Frog

Started by Leigh Cambre, July 31, 2019 · 1 Replies · 82 Views

Leigh Cambre

I'm incredibly inflexible in my middle split. I've included two pictures of me on the same situation to make the point that my middle split is not even 90 degrees. Where I am in those pics is already quite uncomfortable. Also, unfortunately, I didn't get a shot of me actually doing vertical frog (due to my picture taking being interrupted). This was me sitting on the floor, which I never do when I attempt this. I am so inflexible that, when I do vertical frog, I only have the ball of my feet on the ground and, as you see in the picture, I'm 90 degrees. My questions:

  • Does this form (which is not representing what I do since I'm sitting) seem like it would be where I should be?
  • Where should I be feeling the stretch?

IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/31/2019 at 7:41 AM, Leigh Cambre said:

I'm incredibly inflexible in my middle split. I've included two pictures of me on the same situation to make the point that my middle split is not even 90 degrees. Where I am in those pics is already quite uncomfortable. Also, unfortunately, I didn't get a shot of me actually doing vertical frog (due to my picture taking being interrupted). This was me sitting on the floor, which I never do when I attempt this. I am so inflexible that, when I do vertical frog, I only have the ball of my feet on the ground and, as you see in the picture, I'm 90 degrees. My questions:

  • Does this form (which is not representing what I do since I'm sitting) seem like it would be where I should be?
  • Where should I be feeling the stretch?

IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

Hey Leigh, personally i think that you need the scaled variation.

Click the dumbell icon in the top right corner of the course page, then select the "course library", then access the "stretch series", then middle split, then click the second icon, scroll down until the vertical frog and watch the scaled variation video.