This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/SE5-16. What to do After Mastery?

Started by Jeremy Hay, July 30, 2019 · 7 Replies · 207 Views

Jeremy Hay

So, without a follow along video, I feel confident that I have mastered the rope climb. I have a ways to go on the other Foundation exercises, but the Rope Climb feels very solid. Are there any particular suggestions for further development? Should I just maintain it while I work towards mastery of the other elements, or should I maybe start doing weighted rope climbs? I'd be happy to post a video of me climbing to make sure I'm not fooling myself. Thanks, guys! Now, time to get to my Middle Split Stretch session!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jeremy, well I can see from your posts history that you have never asked for a form check except for sPL and RC. the problem is that basically, i do not know anything about execution and mastery of the previous elements. this is a problem. for example, i ask you to post the RC/PE6 mastery test...can you do it? or maybe RC/PE 22..can you show them?

Jeremy Hay

OK. Do you want to see them both? All sets in one video?

Jeremy Hay

I was not sure if you wanted to see the full test of mastery, or just a set to see form, but here are the three exercises. RC/PE6 felt pretty easy. RC/PE22, admittedly felt very sloppy. My hips were quite piked. The rope climb video was taken another day as the other two. But, the rope climb still feels very solid. However, I have always used ample rest to allow ATP stores to replenish, so I have necessarily gained the endurance aspect of doing everything back to back with no rest. But any thoughts, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jeremy the front lever circular (first video) it is not correct, hips are piked in the most of the reps.

I would not consider mastered the RC since in some reps, during the change of the arm, you tend to lose tension with the other one. can I see the SE3?

Jeremy Hay

After performing that exercise, I knew myself that it was not mastered. I would be glad to show you SE3, but there's only one problem....I actually do not know what that is, right now. Ever since the new interface came out I (up until now nobody can seem to figure it out) I cannot seem to open anything from the Upper Body Foundation Exercises. But if I can find out which one that is, I'd be happy to post a video of my attempt.

James O'Boyle

@Jeremy Hay I just figured this out--from the "my courses" page, you click on the barbell in the upper right hand corner, then "course library".

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Jeremy Hay said:

After performing that exercise, I knew myself that it was not mastered. I would be glad to show you SE3, but there's only one problem....I actually do not know what that is, right now. Ever since the new interface came out I (up until now nobody can seem to figure it out) I cannot seem to open anything from the Upper Body Foundation Exercises. But if I can find out which one that is, I'd be happy to post a video of my attempt.

The forum is not dependent from the course page, there are a lot of elements before rope climbing but as I have already stated i've never received a form check review from you...that's the point! i do not like to say "step back", but this can happen...the forum has this "no-price" tools....use it.