This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE4 + iM

Started by James O'Boyle, July 28, 2019 · 19 Replies · 106 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente!  This is my first go at this PE + iM.  How does it look?

PE:

iM Side View:

iM Back View:

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  What do you think?  Is there too much pelvic twist in the iM?  What causes lack of ROM here?  Adductor/Hamstring tightness + lack of hip strength?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey JAmes, here we have to work more......soon or after limitations came out! think that ideally, the legs should be always parallel to the ground.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Gotcha, I'll work more on this.  Does the PE look okay?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Yes PE is ok.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro, I've been working on trying to keep my working leg parallel to the floor on this one.  How does it look?

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey james, shoot always a video from the front for this type of exercise.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Is this angle okay or do you want it 100% frontal?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

100% frontal.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Now I see why you wanted the front view.  Here you go--how does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

hEY James, take as an example the rep where you are moving the right leg. as you can see you are leaning a bit on the left arm. now move your right arm a bit more to the side, and put some weigth on it, in this way you can reduce the tendency of leaning on the opposite side and, as a consequence, the tendency of twisting the hips.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Gotcha, I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Trying to shift my weight onto the arm of the working side--does this look any better?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

hEY jAMES, as you can see with my idea the abduction of the hips tends to reduce as you move the legs to the side, think about moving it to the side and to the ceiling.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Gotcha!  I love this iM.  It's going to develop some good abduction strength for me at end range.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro, I think I've improved this iM.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches, 

Any feedback on this one?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

Hi coaches, 

Any feedback on this one?

Thanks,

James

Nice work james, notice that you move back to starting position faster compared to when you move to the front. same speed man! but considering the technique, it is ok.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Great, thank you!  I'll move on but keep this as my warm up.

Thanks,

James