This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check Supine & Prone pulls.

Started by Nick Goddard, July 24, 2019 · 3 Replies · 58 Views

Nick Goddard

Hey guys, I’m looking for some feedback on both supine and prone please. I feel as though the supine pull has come along leaps and bounds from when I started. However, I think the prone pull needs lots of work. Could you recommend any extra cues based on my video?

I have recently added the weighted stretch attached below but not entirely sure my back is in the correct position on the bench. Any feedback or extra work to do would be much appreciated. 

Nick

C55593E5-CC5F-47C6-A4E9-DCC138157262.thumb.png.a60391d6cc46544aa4c868423285b57e.pngC8F6904C-C002-43F4-8141-70731CD4AB2D.thumb.png.eb581e8a91c2ecb391b1ce82fe3242eb.png

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI NIck, the benchwork you are doing it is not so good for shoulders with mobility issues. I suggest you do the reverse cat position.

Nick Goddard

The reverse cat stretch is one of the very few exercises I have skipped on GB. Mainly because I don’t have a stability ball at home. I’ll purchase one online if you think it has benefits to the bench.

 

Is it better with a ball due to supporting the upper back better whilst stretching?

 

Should my arms be exactly shoulder width apart and locked for this stretch? 

 

Can the head rest on the ball or should I lift my head off the ball to be in line with my arms (ears in line with arms).

thanks,

nick

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

You can use a bench for the reverse cat.

the position of the hands can be adjusted in function of the angle where you have limitations.