From Seated Muscle Up to Hanging

Started by robotstrong, May 7, 2010 · 2 Replies · 5,552 Views

robotstrong

Hello all,

Quick question. I've been doing seated muscle ups for some time now. I've gotten to the point where I can whip off 3X3 pretty easily, and I mean with my arms extended as far as possible. Recently, I've tried to move up to full hanging muscle ups but find that I stick at beginning of the transition (can't get out of the pull up phase). I've also noticed that dead hanging with a false grip is a little tough on my forearms. Is it possible that since I've only been doing seated muscle ups, and not supporting my whole body weight in a false grip, that my limiting factor could simply be the false grip? And that I should simply practice hanging in a false grip and doing pull ups in a false grip (which is something I've not really done)?

Thanks so much.

Jon

Joakim Anderson

I got my MU by doing false grip pullups and false grip hangs.

braindx

If you fall out of false grip and that is your limiting factor then yes.

HOwever, you should be able to regrip the rings on the way down everytime you descend from support. It may just be a regrip problem -- allow your hands to slide back into false grip once you lower in the transition.