This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 Mastery check

Started by Ben Clark, July 21, 2019 · 7 Replies · 57 Views

Ben Clark

This is the last set of the final step for Tripod (HS/PE1) and its mobility. I felt pretty good but please let me know what you think. Should I move on?

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Ben, while the PE is ok seems that the IM is not enough. in order to evaluate it better, I need a back view and a better side view where the camera exactly is lower.

Ben Clark

Thank you for taking a look. Here is the side view

 

Ben Clark

And the back view:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Ben,

Work on bringing your hands closer together so that they are at shoulder width. You might need to work on these without the weight for a little while. Once you are able to open your shoulders to 180 degrees with your hands at shoulder width you can begin to add the weight back on.

Ben Clark

Will do, thank you!

Ben Clark

@Jeffrey Bittner So after some practice I am able to consistently get past 180 degrees with a light weight (2.5 lbs). However, I just realize how uneven my shoulders are when doing this. I never knew this but I am not surprised. My shoulders have been asymmetric for 5+ years now--my right shoulder is a bit rolled and hangs lower. Do you have any suggestions on how to fixing this asymmetry? Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ben, keep in mind that form comes first:

-elbows should be locked;

-bar always horizontal to the floor.