This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seiza Concerns

Started by Jakob Ohlsson, July 21, 2019 · 2 Replies · 140 Views

Jakob Ohlsson

Been doing the regular Elevated Seiza for 8 months, zero progress, really. So now I have started doing a modification to that one, focusing on one leg at a time, feeling it in the middle of the ankle and front chin. In the standard version my heels roll out and I know, I know everybody has problems with this one due to limited ankle mobility. In the Squatted Seiza this does not occur (Form Ok?) So my concern is that I'll feel it so hard in the leg bones from the ankle to especially the outside of the knee. I share a picture of my leg structure when im standing, can that be the reason, the way I'm built!? Also in the Curled Seiza it's impossible for me to have my knees together and if I try I'll get all the pressure in the leg bones again. 

IMG_20190721_143646.thumb.jpg.9457b4c429b63a9f461bfef03af942c9.jpg

Is it poor ankle mobility or stucture, maybe something else?!

Nicholas Čapek

Would love to get some feedback on this since I have the exact same problem. In all the seiza stretches I find it impossible to keep both heels and knees together at the same time.

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/8/2020 at 6:37 PM, Nicholas Čapek said:

Would love to get some feedback on this since I have the exact same problem. In all the seiza stretches I find it impossible to keep both heels and knees together at the same time.

I cannot see the video...you must upload yours.