This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2

Started by Pär Söderlund, July 17, 2019 · 5 Replies · 58 Views

Pär Söderlund

Hi people! 

After a year or so, struggling with the beast "Bent Hollow Body Rock" I'm actually reaching 5x60 now! Although, before I press that long-lasting "easy" button I want to have a thumbs-up from you pros here. In my eyes, I start to lack a bit of my technique after 40 reps in and I can't proceed. In your eyes, what is needed to say that I own this exercise and can continue to the next step? What can I think of regarding not losing my bent back? Cause now it feels I don't have the strength to keep it round and nice. Instead, it becomes flat and I kick with the legs instead.

Video: FL/PE2

Thanks
/Pär

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Par, i would like to develop your spirit on criticism, so instead of looking to the last reps (where technique is lacking), i prefer to post here a pic where I compare the first reps of your HBrock with course video.

where do you find differences?

hbr.png

Pär Söderlund

Hi! So sorry for the late response! 

This is great. What I see is that I'm way to "crunched" - meaning that my knees are to close to my body in both directions. I could also open up the leg a bit more to create a wider angle in the knee/thigh. 

The head. Well, the other guy is having more of a straight body meanwhile I curve my back way more. I have tried to stay a bit more flat in my back yet I cannot get that rolling movement going when I do this. I think this is the same reason why I have started to take my knees closer to my body.  

Should the rolling point happen on my butt rather than my lower back? Meanwhile, I will def try this out today. 

Thanks Alessandro!

Alessandro Mainente

i would say a bit in the lower back and a bit on the butt.

Pär Söderlund

Ok, here's an update. I'm def not on 5x60, I just wanted to get feedback on the new form. 

I compared to the video+pics you sent and it looks much better (and feels much more in the stomach now). Yet one question arises: should I continue the motion a bit further, so I'm stopping the motion with more weight on my butt?

Thanks!

/Pär

Alessandro Mainente

This is perfect. a little suggestion: enter in the position by lifting the upper body first...then legs.