This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2

Started by Pär Söderlund, July 17, 2019 · 3 Replies · 41 Views

Pär Söderlund

Hi, 

What in my technique needs to improve so I'm able to nail 5x15 Straddle Up? I have been doing this exercise sometimes 2/week and now 1/week for roughly 8 months I reckon. Yet I feel there is something in my technique that makes me fail. Hopefully, someone of you can see some tricks to master this one. In the video, I'm on my third rep. 

Regarding the Jefferson Curl:
I have a disc herniation in L5/S1 (https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spine-anatomy/all-about-l5-s1-lumbosacral-joint) and I both can't take the exercise further and don't dare. Due to this problem, I'm not able to stretch further down (before I could put my hands on the floor). 

Is it smarter to just skip this exercise fully and continue the program? Or stop since the next levels will give more strain on the back? My physiotherapist has given me deadlifts and stomach exercises to get back on track.  

Video: 
MN/PE2

Thanks
/Pär

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Par, can I ask you to post the IM1 range of motion mastery?

Pär Söderlund

Hi again Alessandro, 

Finally, here's the video: 

The side wich I can't touch the floor is where my herniated disc effects the motion. 

Alessandro Mainente

Ok this can be the reason of why you cannot progress, but also the technique does not help you. the bottom shoulder should move more in between the 2 legs and not on the side. leaning to much on one side can lead to more compression on the affected side.