This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/Pe5

Started by Vanessa Hunt, July 15, 2019 · 24 Replies · 249 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

Form check please. slowly been moving to 5 x 10 not quite there yet.  last form check just encouraged me to ensure keep elbows out squeeze shoulder blades together. thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Vanessa, probably more range of motion is required. can you see the straps on the stall bar, well if you twist you should remain in between the straps? if the elbows go outside you are twisting too less.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro I see what you are saying. I reviewed the technique video.  Compared to the video I also place my legs higher on stall bar (as was suggested in previous feedback). Should I reduce leg height aim for more twist and progress from there? Thks.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, use the video as a reference.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi can I please have another form check. I've dropped feet down along with my reps to focus on gaining more twist. Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely better, still continue to push back on side and forward with the other one.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

How are these looking? I've tried as suggested to ensure twist is enough to be between straps. Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Well, the range of motion is better when you twist on the right.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks alessandro. So do I need to do anything further to progress towards mastering this movement? Is this what's required. I'm currently working at 5 X 8 each side. 

Alessandro Mainente

Stay on these reps, and stretch more on the side with more limitations.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Form check please. Is it enough for mastery on this one.  Thank you

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're super close! ROM is looking pretty good. You can see in your first video that your knees tend to bend at the top of your reps. Work on keeping your legs straight throughout your set before moving on. Nice work so far!

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Jeffrey. I did notice this in the video it's particularly my left.  I just went through my previous videos i was pretty stiff beginning this progression.  I'm  happy with where I've gotten to so far with rom. Will work on the legs! 

Vanessa Hunt

Another question do I need to move my feet up so legs are more parallel or is this ok? I did drop them down to work on rom.?

Jeffrey Bittner

If you are able to move your feet up another bar it would be beneficial in the long run.

Vanessa Hunt

 

Hi coaches

I moved my feet up another bar as Jeffrey suggested would be a good idea and built back up to required reps. Ok for mastery? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

 

Hi coaches

I moved my feet up another bar as Jeffrey suggested would be a good idea and built back up to required reps. Ok for mastery? Thanks

Hey Vanessa, the only suggestion is slowing down the speed. simply because at the beginning controlled tempo is the only way you have to correct the movement real-time.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello last feedback was to slow down speed of these. How is it looking. Ok for mastery? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello last feedback was to slow down speed of these. How is it looking. Ok for mastery? 

 

Generally speaking, is ok....try to cut moe the movement i 2 steps...twist the spine and flex/extend the spine.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok. Thanks Alessandro.

I always appreciate your guidance. I started this progression in July 2019 so have been doing the same movement for over a year and half with a number of videos posted for feedback.

This is the first time that has been mentioned that I should take a different approach to the movement eg split it into two movements? 

Im just seeking clarity on this as I am wondering if I will after doing this for so long 'get it'....thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Ok. Thanks Alessandro.

I always appreciate your guidance. I started this progression in July 2019 so have been doing the same movement for over a year and half with a number of videos posted for feedback.

This is the first time that has been mentioned that I should take a different approach to the movement eg split it into two movements? 

Im just seeking clarity on this as I am wondering if I will after doing this for so long 'get it'....thanks

 

Of course, is not a real "split" is like do not flex the spine before completing the twist...

Vanessa Hunt

Keeping your feedback in mind Alessandro to twist before flex and reduce speed -how is this looking?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good improvement. Try to slow down your reps even more. Aim for about 2 seconds on the way up. Also, be carful not to let your knees bend as you lift.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello how is this looking now trying to focus on 2 sec up and not bending knees. 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello how is this looking now trying to focus on 2 sec up and not bending knees. 

Very nice vanessa!