Introduction + Critique

Started by yuri marmerstein, May 7, 2010 · 10 Replies · 2,247 Views

yuri marmerstein

Hello

I am new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself. here is a recent video of some of my training

There are some strength and balance skills in the beginning, any tips are appreciated, especially for the one arm handstands. I've been getting better at them since making this video but now I've injured my wrist so it looks like I won't be able to do any handstands for some time.

dlsso

Hi yuri. :)

Cool to see you over here. I imagine it will be refreshing to be in an environment where people actually know stuff about bodyweight skills.

Richard Duelley

Love the tricking and, of course, the handbalancing :mrgreen:

Razz

That was tight! loving the music aswell :P

Seiji

I'm with dlsso. Glad to see you here Yuri. :D

Longshanks

Very inspiring video. Brill planche and hand balancing. What are weird kicking spins called?

yuri marmerstein

thanks guys. I've been surfing through the forum and there is a lot of good information here

I just wish it was a little more active. oh well

Longshanks said:
Very inspiring video. Brill planche and hand balancing. What are weird kicking spins called?

thanks. please be specific as to which "weird kicks spin" you are referring to

Razz
yuri said:
thanks guys. I've been surfing through the forum and there is a lot of good information here

I just wish it was a little more active. oh well

I agree, I spend way too much time on this forum just looking and waiting for a new post :oops: :mrgreen: Great info though!

Longshanks
yuri said:
thanks. please be specific as to which "weird kicks spin" you are referring to

Sorry be vague. I've never even seen any of those kind of moves as I'm quite new to all this. I think its at the 1m20s and 1m30s ish mark. You seem to be spinning in two planes of rotation?

yuri marmerstein
Longshanks said:
yuri said:
thanks. please be specific as to which "weird kicks spin" you are referring to

Sorry be vague. I've never even seen any of those kind of moves as I'm quite new to all this. I think its at the 1m20s and 1m30s ish mark. You seem to be spinning in two planes of rotation?

gainer? corkscrew? butterfly twist?

look up tricking, and there are plenty of people way beyond my skill that do all this sort of stuff

Longshanks

Will do thanks! Just didn't know where to start.