This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP pe2

Started by Reilly Herbst, July 5, 2019 · 26 Replies · 359 Views

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly,

awesome job.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you!

Reilly Herbst

Do I need to protract more on the top of each rep?

Alessandro Mainente

The protraction that i'm expecting is the same of sPL PE1.

Reilly Herbst

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Solid job, Reilly!

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente

very very nice.

Reilly Herbst

I’ve been on hbp pe2 4x12 for about 2 months now and I’ve noticed a lot of improvement. It only starts to get challenging on the last couple reps of the last set. 

Heres my first set 

https://youtu.be/-upxRPbqYuU

And here’s my 4th set

https://youtu.be/2lONV9nSirE

Should I stay on 4x12 until the last couple reps are easy or am I ready to move on to 4x15?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly, the last rep has enough good form to proceed.

Reilly Herbst

I had a quick question, I moved up to 4x15 for a couple sessions but my form on the last couple reps wasn’t acceptable. I dropped back down to 4x12. The first 3 sets are easy and the last couple reps on my last set are challenging but I can still complete it with good form. Should I use a micro step and go to 4x13 and eventually 4x14 until I get back to 4x15 with solid form?

Alessandro Mainente
1 minute ago, Reilly Herbst said:

I had a quick question, I moved up to 4x15 for a couple sessions but my form on the last couple reps wasn’t acceptable. I dropped back down to 4x12. The first 3 sets are easy and the last couple reps on my last set are challenging but I can still complete it with good form. Should I use a micro step and go to 4x13 and eventually 4x14 until I get back to 4x15 with solid form?

I would add one set more FIRST to 5x12 and then try again 4x15.

Reilly Herbst

Ok awesome, here’s my whole set from this past session of 4x12. I don’t know if I’m being to conservative to move up. 

 

 

Reilly Herbst

Let me know your thoughts 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Let me know your thoughts 

Hey Reilly...well you did only one mistake...you forgot to film the last set from the side. it's exactly what i need.

Reilly Herbst

Today I did 5x12r. Here are sets 4 and 5 in the video. Let me know if you think I should stay on 5x12 or if I should move up to 4x15

Jeffrey Bittner

I think that spending another session or two at your current volume will be beneficial. Try to hold your PPT in addition to protraction. You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Reilly Herbst

I spent a couple more weeks on 5x12r and today I tried moving up to 4x15r. Here's how it went 15 15 15 13. Should I go back down to 5x12r for a couple more sessions and try 4x15r again in a couple weeks?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Reilly, it doesn't look like your video attached to your last message. Can you try re-posting it?

13 reps on your 4th set is a great starting point. Based solely on numbers, it sounds like you're ok to stay at your current volume. Keep pushing for those last couple reps!

Reilly Herbst

Here’s my 4th set of 4x15. Is my form good enough to move up to 5x15?

Jeffrey Bittner

I think another few sessions of 4x15 would be beneficial before moving on. Keep trying to maximize your protraction on each rep.

Reilly Herbst

Testing for mastery, this is my 5th set 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Testing for mastery, this is my 5th set 

Nice work.

Reilly Herbst

11 months on this progression, finally done!