This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs/pe1 + im

Started by Vanessa Hunt, July 2, 2019 · 24 Replies · 297 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

Please can you provide feedback on my form.

many thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Vanessa, the PE is ok...can you show the IM from the back? because from the side it seems to be really good.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro back view for feedback thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Vanessa, i was supposing correctly because it is not possible having the FIRST VIDEO range of motion on shoulder flexion and closed shoulder in a handstand position.

There is a technical mistake here and an approach mistake:

-technical: the movement is pure shoulder flexion, on the opposite you are beginning the shoulder dislocates. this is wrong. only shoulder flexion occurs;

-approach: i can see the weigth on the bar. now the first goal is RANGE of motion first no matter the weigth or the grip. in your case, the grip is too much. so take off the weigth and reduce the grip until you can perform the flexion correctly. then reach the 10'' goal. then reduce the grip until you reach shoulder width, then you can add weigth. proceed like this way.

Vanessa Hunt

Thank U Alessandro I will review and correct!

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro am i getting this? thanks for feedback.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Vanessa, a nice starting point. try to avoid spine arc. let it stay neutral.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello form check please and can you advise if/when time I should add some weight to bar? Many thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Vanessa, from a first impression you should add weigth BUT if possible fix the bar, it must be perfectly horizontal.

Vanessa Hunt
On 7/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Vanessa, from a first impression you should add weigth BUT if possible fix the bar, it must be perfectly horizontal.

Hello how is this looking with 1kg added trying to keep horizontal as suggested. also can it be confirmed if I need to continue to adjust grip to be closer before adding further weight or do you stay with grip and add weight?

Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Vanessa, I recommend removing the weight while you work on bringing your hands closer together. Your goal is to be able to open your shoulders to at least 180 degrees with your hands placed shoulder width apart. Once your position is locked in you can begin to increase the weight.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok thanks Jeffrey will do. Just also looking at other posts and comments from coaches is it a requirement to really lean forward as I see others doing this?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, it is imperative.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches how am I going with this? I've brought my hands a bit closer together and focusing on lean .Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction, Vanessa. Keep working on getting those hands closer together.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches I've slowly been working my on getting hands closer. How it's looking do you think I could start to add 1kg weight? Thanks

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches any feedback on the above post? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Vanessa, can you the movement you are doing at 5 seconds? you are beginning a dislocate that precedes the scapulae retraction. this should be avoided all the time. so this execution is not ok. the 4-second mark position is everything you need to do, open the shoulder..pure shoulder flexion.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok thanks for feedback I'm glad to have this picked up. I must say I do feel like I'm getting no where with this. Im trying very hard to understand what seems so simple movement with getting regular feedback from you and @Jeffrey Bittnerwin

Reviewing the most previous feedback given from Jeffrey I think I'm going into discolation also am I not? it feels the same?? I think in an attempt to lean more forward i move into this so will try to not do that so much.

Im going to review what I'm doing again and repost. 

 

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Vanessa,

Shouldn’t feel the same.  Leaning forward should have no impact on degree of dislocation.

For shoulder flexion, keep the chest in and the back flat.  Do not allow the shoulders to roll outward toward dislocation.

What you are doing is allowing the shoulders to retract and partially dislocate somewhat which gives the illusion of shoulder flexion.  This is a common error.

Feel free to add additional shoulder flexion work from more advanced iMs as needed to help you over the hump.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

 

Vanessa Hunt

Great thank you for feedback coach Sommer.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok I've reviewed what I'm doing with feedback in mind -specifically to focus on not allowing scapular to retract, keeping chest in, back flat, lean forward and keep stick horizontal...fingers crossed! Feedback appreciated thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Vanessa, as you can see when rule changes...things become harder, now while using the same technique you need to increase the grip until you can should a full 180° degrees flexion.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello 

Feedback appreciated. Still keeping cues in mind eg. Scapular to retract, keeping chest in, back flat, lean forward and keep stick horizontal... did notice on this one stick was a bit off horizontal. Wondering if it's ok to add weight?

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello 

Feedback appreciated. Still keeping cues in mind eg. Scapular to retract, keeping chest in, back flat, lean forward and keep stick horizontal... did notice on this one stick was a bit off horizontal. Wondering if it's ok to add weight?

 

For what is concerned with the flexion is finally ok!

now work of symmetrical position from the back view. if necessary use a mirror in the beginning.