This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Freestanding 30 hs

Started by Vanessa Hunt, June 30, 2019 · 7 Replies · 116 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

Please provide feedback on my 30 sec HS to date. I'm following HS course 1&2. Many thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Vanessa, seems that you have a few closed shoulders. is this only mine impression? did you have mastered the shoulder flexion and dislocates?

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro I'm still working through the shoulder flexion and dislocates. I play a bit at the end of my scheduled sessions with balance off wall. 

So Ur feedback is still need work to open shoulders further with flexion and discolates? I have hyperextended elbows does that affect look of shoulders...wasn't sure what U meant re 'is this my only impression'?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Vanessa you simply need to work through the course and complete a step and paired IM before moving on.

now, students do not understand that it is not only a matter of joint preparation.

handstand is not so stressful on the upper body joint but if you learn handstand with closed shoulders you are making modifications on order compensate the lack of shoulder mobility and you are learning a wrong technique.

let me say that as you learn something bad there is the chance of never being able to correct it.

first thing first.

unlock the shoulders. then move on.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro I understand the need to do this and will continue following the course as prescribed.  

Do you believe I have a chance of correcting HS after 3yrs of learning HS by attending various HS training classes/courses and never a mention of closed shoulders? 

Alessandro Mainente

Sincerely i do not know, i had gymnasts with bad handstand and i had the chance to correct them. i had gymnasts with wrong twisting technique..no chances.

Probably your previous coach was lazy....why? because clients are happy if you give them what they want....but in the nearly future they will like if you give them what they NEED.

rarely what client wants is what he needs.

Coach Sommer
8 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Thanks Alessandro I understand the need to do this and will continue following the course as prescribed.  

Do you believe I have a chance of correcting HS after 3yrs of learning HS by attending various HS training classes/courses and never a mention of closed shoulders? 

You attended 3 yrs of handstand classes/courses and not a single instructor mentioned closed shoulders?!?  Idiots.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Vanessa Hunt

Coach Sommer and Alessandro yes 3 yrs.  And yes this level of laziness contributed to a shoulder injury. This angers me a lot and now motivates me to do this course just at my own pace with correct(ed) form.

As mentioned I am following the HS course as prescribed. My goal is to remain healthy and strong/mobile as I age not to be injured.