This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5 Hollow body hold

Started by Vanessa Hunt, June 29, 2019 · 9 Replies · 150 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches 

Please can I have feedback on my Hollow body hold.

Many thanks

https://youtu.be/VndQ7QFhIls

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Vanessa! Your starting position looks solid, but you start to pick up a small amount of pike in your hips and arch in your lower back as you get tired. Keep trying to press your lower back into the ground!

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

From previous feedback I decided to regress this and build back up. Can I have some feedback on my form please thank you.

 

Alessandro Mainente

hey Vanessa, you must raise your shoulders a bit more. 

now. the correct entrance in the movement is:

-shoulders first, legs on the floor;

-then arms, legs on the floor;

-then legs.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello trying to incorporate above feedback please provide form check many thanks 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello trying to incorporate above feedback please provide form check many thanks 

 

The angle at the shoulders is a bit closed. it is fine feeling the shoulders closed to ears, but things change if the head is not held in a neutral position.

Vanessa Hunt

Sorry Alessandro I'm not sure exactly what you are saying?

Is there something I need to do specifically to rectify angle of shoulders so they are not a bit closed?  Or do I just ensure head remains in neutral position?

Can I ask you to tell me if the review I posted in June you feel I could have raised my shoulders more? I just wondering if I've lost my way a little with this as Jeffery didn't mention it back then?

 

Alessandro Mainente

A good input is "feeling the shoulders to the ears" when we need open shoulders. BUT if you are tucking in your chin and you move the arms so that you can feel the ears, then your shoulders will be not completely opened. this one above is better..especially your upper back is definitely higher! nice one. work like in this video.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Form check please. This is 5th set X 60secs. if ok will move on to next progression.

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello

Form check please. This is 5th set X 60secs. if ok will move on to next progression.

Thanks

 

nicely done!