please watch this video till the end
and How can I make the hollow body?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Geonho Lee, June 22, 2019 · 22 Replies · 323 Views
please watch this video till the end
and How can I make the hollow body?
Hey Geonho,
Kicking with your shoulders in front of the hands helps with reaching the vertical easier. And you need to learn coordination too, you won't reach vertical if you join the back leg too early, and if you do it too late you won't make it because the back leg needs to reach at least parallel to the floor to avoid take you down. It just takes practice.
What level are you on the hs course? You seem to lack core activation and body awareness being upside down, your chest is not in, the alignment needs lot of work, the pelvis is not tucked in. Keep working on the course, I know right the mobility exercises are huge stopper but once your mobility is acomplished you can focus on the rest of things. I have a friend that spends a lot of time kikcing up to handstand and sometimes when he stands on his hands his form is banana, and he just thinks that doing it again and again will help him to make a straight line... it won't happen. Bad practice doesn't make perfect.
HOllow body needs technique but first of all more shoulder mobility than normal.
said that technique is build up on wall handstand. now that you are kicking up you need to think:
-strength of the first leg;
-strength of the second leg;
-open shoulder;
-balance control;
-posterior pelvic tilt;
-leg together.
Are you seriously thinking that at this stage you can think about "hollowing the handstand"?
alignment should be already mastered.
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:HOllow body needs technique but first of all more shoulder mobility than normal.
said that technique is build up on wall handstand. now that you are kicking up you need to think:
-strength of the first leg;
-strength of the second leg;
-open shoulder;
-balance control;
-posterior pelvic tilt;
-leg together.
Are you seriously thinking that at this stage you can think about "hollowing the handstand"?
alignment should be already mastered.
I’ve been training thoracic for once a week and shoulder mobility such as W wall slide as well.
I’ve been practicing kick up for my handstand balance after all of my training of the day
I think that better do something than do nothing, so I’ve been doing
I know how important the shoulder mobility and I want to know If I should stop kick up training now.
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:HOllow body needs technique but first of all more shoulder mobility than normal.
said that technique is build up on wall handstand. now that you are kicking up you need to think:
-strength of the first leg;
-strength of the second leg;
-open shoulder;
-balance control;
-posterior pelvic tilt;
-leg together.
Are you seriously thinking that at this stage you can think about "hollowing the handstand"?
alignment should be already mastered.
Wall HS, Are there some problems?
Can you show please 1' of wall wrists handstand?
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Can you show please 1' of wall wrists handstand?
What is the 1’ of wall wrists handstand?? I’m so sorry haha...
It is the handstand PE11.
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:It is the handstand PE11.
I’m still in the handstand one PE2
so why are you bothering to do the free handstand?
my impression is still that you want to try more, also some advanced stuff definitely not for your level.
if when we talk about the strength there is more risk of overtraining the joints.
when we talk about technical work you have one wore risk: building up a bad technique. i had the obligation of researching on the neural network on my graduation thesis and what i have found is that something bad technique can be managed. something it will never change.
i had many experiences on that, i had gymnasts with arched handstand (due to a lazy previous coach) and it took to me 2 years for correcting it. then i had one gymnast that during the twist the first problem was twisting and not jumping higher and no matter the time I never managed to correct it.
then i had some clients with arched handstands, and it took to me 1 year to correct them.
now, looking to your video of the free handstand you do not have the correct amount of technical refinement to reduce the errors.
if you want to continue like that, go for it. you are reinforcing errors and nothing more.
then when you will come back asking me why you are not able to correct the handstand i'll say you the same things in this post.
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:so why are you bothering to do the free handstand?
my impression is still that you want to try more, also some advanced stuff definitely not for your level.
if when we talk about the strength there is more risk of overtraining the joints.
when we talk about technical work you have one wore risk: building up a bad technique. i had the obligation of researching on the neural network on my graduation thesis and what i have found is that something bad technique can be managed. something it will never change.
i had many experiences on that, i had gymnasts with arched handstand (due to a lazy previous coach) and it took to me 2 years for correcting it. then i had one gymnast that during the twist the first problem was twisting and not jumping higher and no matter the time I never managed to correct it.
then i had some clients with arched handstands, and it took to me 1 year to correct them.
now, looking to your video of the free handstand you do not have the correct amount of technical refinement to reduce the errors.
if you want to continue like that, go for it. you are reinforcing errors and nothing more.
then when you will come back asking me why you are not able to correct the handstand i'll say you the same things in this post.
Alessandro, at first, I really appreciate it. I’ve never had anyone who advice to me like this.
I think most people who are doing calisthenics in the world is saying that the handstand training is something like kick up, wall handstand and so on (Maybe If It is Not most people)
so I had thought that there are strenghth and balance training to do a free standing handstand and I figured that I have to do both two kind of training. You know what I mean? I don’t speak English very well, sorry.
I’ve done that because of the reason that I guessed
I want to know If I understand what you said so you mean, If I keep training free handstand like now I will have really bad form and technique and It’s very difficult to correct the problem or never possible to fix it, right?
but what is the handstand tuck course that is in this forum? Is it okay for me to do that training while doing handstand one? and I want to know why you couldn’t correct the handstand
Thank you!
You have understood correctly. the body learns the correct thing and the body learns the wrong thing. strange to say BUT as you learn something your brain tends to refuse new habits, do you want to know the most basic example? driving: try to change the right foot with the left foot. writing: try to change the direction you are using for writing your name. posture: try to think to change your posture when your body adapts to it. the field is complex, you can consider reading something on the "skills acquisition" and "brain plasticity".
if you want to learn handstand follow handstand one course, post executions, post the mastery, get feedback and move on.
i understand perfectly what the "calisthenics world say" because I'm one of the most expert coaches in Italy, I held lessons at the university, i wrote articles, made videos, I had hundreds of clients....most of theme were completely influenced by the enormous amount of bullshits on the youtube, basing the training approach on their experience (simply because they are genetically predisposed) without a minimum knowledge about biomechanics, physiology, traumatology etc. they still train with their method and when they come back with a bad handstand the move back to basic..when they come back with a torn bicep or rotator cuff I cannot say anything more than "I'm sorry"
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:You have understood correctly. the body learns the correct thing and the body learns the wrong thing. strange to say BUT as you learn something your brain tends to refuse new habits, do you want to know the most basic example? driving: try to change the right foot with the left foot. writing: try to change the direction you are using for writing your name. posture: try to think to change your posture when your body adapts to it. the field is complex, you can consider reading something on the "skills acquisition" and "brain plasticity".
if you want to learn handstand follow handstand one course, post executions, post the mastery, get feedback and move on.
i understand perfectly what the "calisthenics world say" because I'm one of the most expert coaches in Italy, I held lessons at the university, i wrote articles, made videos, I had hundreds of clients....most of theme were completely influenced by the enormous amount of bullshits on the youtube, basing the training approach on their experience (simply because they are genetically predisposed) without a minimum knowledge about biomechanics, physiology, traumatology etc. they still train with their method and when they come back with a bad handstand the move back to basic..when they come back with a torn bicep or rotator cuff I cannot say anything more than "I'm sorry"
But there’re many people that are reached, and reaching almost top level with their method. What do you think about them? I mean, I agree with you, but actually It’s real. They can the movement of high level such as full planche, ring handstand etc...
Are they all always wrong?
14 minutes ago, Geonho Lee said:But there’re many people that are reached, and reaching almost top level with their method. What do you think about them? I mean, I agree with you, but actually It’s real. They can the movement of high level such as full planche, ring handstand etc...
Are they all always wrong?
No, there aren’t.
It only appears that way to you because your ‘eye’ is too inexperienced to see all of the flaws in their physical preparation and as a consequence of those flaws their technical execution is usually lacking.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Last example:
https://www.youtube.com/user/alex75706
this is one my friend, one of the top level calisthenics athlete in italy.
now torn bicep.
this is another example: https://www.youtube.com/user/kolls88
he has approached rings too early and now he has an AC diastasis that means 2 shoulder surgery and say goodbye to calisthenics and rings.
I work a lot, really a lot with PT and you have no idea about how many guys contact me due to their injury to shoulders/elbows/forearms/sternum and more...i receive at least 4-6 requests of support every week.
On 6/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, Coach Sommer said:No, there aren’t.
It only appears that way to you because your ‘eye’ is too inexperienced to see all of the flaws in their physical preparation and as a consequence of those flaws their technical execution is usually lacking.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
18 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Last example:
https://www.youtube.com/user/alex75706
this is one my friend, one of the top level calisthenics athlete in italy.
now torn bicep.
this is another example: https://www.youtube.com/user/kolls88
he has approached rings too early and now he has an AC diastasis that means 2 shoulder surgery and say goodbye to calisthenics and rings.
I work a lot, really a lot with PT and you have no idea about how many guys contact me due to their injury to shoulders/elbows/forearms/sternum and more...i receive at least 4-6 requests of support every week.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
I needed some advice like this and Probably I’m going to need more conversation like this. I want to learn and experience more things about calisthenics.
Thank you.
back to 10 years ago, i have trusted coach Sommer from the first word after having shoulder issue that leads to 9 months of no pullup and after a bicep tendon tendonitis. then since my first seminar, my mind totally changed, no matter if other people tell me that i'm too conservative, i have the most healthy body since i've started training while the other stupid people cannot perform 1 single dip due to shoulders problem.
it's not a matter of "possibility", until now i have never had one single client with a shoulder of elbows problem and trust me i do not have weak students. this below is Matteo my oldest one. I train him since 2015.
they are people who trusted in the progressive GB idea and method.
trust...don't rush.
Hey @Alessandro Mainente,
Can you please tellme more about shoulder problems with pullups and dips, because sometimes I feel pain in my right shoulder when doing pullups and in the bottom position of dips....also on that side I feel pinching pain when I raise my arm above my head (sometimes)...pain is located in the front part of the shoulder in all cases.
Sincerely I cannot make a diagnosis via the web. it is out of my competency.
have you already checked of Pt? did you have previous shoulders problem? did you do movements that were not included in your schedule?
On 6/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:back to 10 years ago, i have trusted coach Sommer from the first word after having shoulder issue that leads to 9 months of no pullup and after a bicep tendon tendonitis. then since my first seminar, my mind totally changed, no matter if other people tell me that i'm too conservative, i have the most healthy body since i've started training while the other stupid people cannot perform 1 single dip due to shoulders problem.
it's not a matter of "possibility", until now i have never had one single client with a shoulder of elbows problem and trust me i do not have weak students. this below is Matteo my oldest one. I train him since 2015.
they are people who trusted in the progressive GB idea and method.
trust...don't rush.
Yes! I understood what you said so far and realized that the progressive is really important.
While I’m following GB training course, I want to learn about the theory in GB’s method such as sets of reps, static second.
so I have a question for you, I was wondering why the final step in the course is 5x15r, 5x60r, 5x5r, could you tell me the reason?
thank you
The question requires many complete lessons on many fields: programming, physiology of the skeletal muscles, physiology of SNC, physiology/biology of training. but sincerely i do not think that this is the place for.
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:The question requires many complete lessons on many fields: programming, physiology of the skeletal muscles, physiology of SNC, physiology/biology of training. but sincerely i do not think that this is the place for.
If you don’t mind.. Are you not a person who is appropreate fot that?
Where can I get the answer? or Are there any books for that?
The answers you asking for it is the sum of what i have studied, learned and experimented in the previous 10 years at courses, seminars, university, master with FIG etc and i prefer to share it in different situations. nothing personal.
there are many reference book where you can start. for example science and practice of strength training that you can find on amazon.