This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/SE14 - Free handstand form check

Started by Carlos Garcia Chapa, June 21, 2019 · 4 Replies · 54 Views

Carlos Garcia Chapa

Hi!

I would love some feedback about my free handstand form.  My goal is a >120sec free handstand 

While doing my handstand, In my mind, I have the shape of a pencil but as you can see it’s a complete different story.

My maximum handstand hold has been 100 sec but I cannot repeat it during the same day.  I get fatigued.

Besides any of your free constructive comments my specific questions are:

1. I practice handstand everyday.  Am I over training? 

2. Which exercise would be the best to correct my actual handstand form?

Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI carlos, well me need to make a huge distinction:

1-stay on your hands...more or less. this means in the long terms no possibility of developing press to handstand, one arm handstand etc.

2-doing a handstand. this leads to the correct development of balance, physical preparation, and correct handstand press and one arm development will be easy.

Now, you are in point 1. from my point ov view, you have no necessity of training handstand every day if your goal is doing what it is described on point 2.

the GB hs course wants you to perform 120 seconds handstand BUT GOOD handstand so that you can use it as a basic work for more advanced skill.

you actual form is completely adapted to shoulders lack of mobility and the last of your problem should be doing 120 sec of free handstand.

you should start from STEP1 and integrate the bridge course in your weekly schedule.

Carlos Garcia Chapa

Got it! Great!

I have rushed through the HS program and although it took me 6 months to get where I’m now , it makes sense to start over again.

My long term goal is point 2 (your previous comment).

Do you mean HS/PE1 for STEP1?

I didn’t find the bridge course, how can I add it to my daily routine?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/21/2019 at 10:47 AM, Carlos Garcia Chapa said:

Got it! Great!

I have rushed through the HS program and although it took me 6 months to get where I’m now , it makes sense to start over again.

My long term goal is point 2 (your previous comment).

Do you mean HS/PE1 for STEP1?

I didn’t find the bridge course, how can I add it to my daily routine?

 

 

yes.

probably the TB course is not in your owned course. but looking to your shoulders you should include it.

Carlos Garcia Chapa

I found it.  Thanks.