This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Including GymFit with Foundation Training

Started by AndyW, June 19, 2019 · 2 Replies · 208 Views

AndyW

I'm a long time member of GB, and I recently purchased the GymFit unlimited program to help me work through certain muscle group issues and plateaus in my Foundation training. However, after trying out various videos before my regular workouts over the past week I get the feeling that there's an intended sequence of pre-hab/mobility/stretch workouts that I'm missing. Has anyone had any luck integrating the GymFit workouts with their Foundation training?

Here's what I understand from the GymFit videos:

  • Warm up (self-explanatory): Daily Limber, 7-min and extended Warm Ups
  • Pre-Foundation training series: Elements 1-6
  • Pre-Element series: FUNdamentals series
  • One-off workouts (not intended to be used with training plans): Weekly Shoulders, any handstand (non-HS series) videos, any core videos, HIIT videos, triplex videos, 30min Legs, Buffer zone, Parallettes
  • Pre-hab?: calf sequence, elbow sequence, Restore series, any mobility video, hip prehab

I own the Foundation, Stretch, Handstand, and Mobility series and have been steadily progressing through the first two levels over the past year (my previous commitment was spotty), and I'm using the default recommended training plan. 

So far I've been using one of the warm up videos, one or two pre-hab videos, and then my normal foundation training. This is ok, but I often end up duplicating moves/stretches that are already in the foundation training without improving my weak points. The alternative is to start including some of the one-off workouts, but I also don't want to overdo it and limit my Foundation progress. Any ideas? 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Andrew, at the beginning the first rule is "do it simply". so for now, i recommend:

-continue on a schedule that includes foundations, stretched and handstand;

-integrate if necessary one, two...etc restore series if you lack too much in a specific joint so that the stretch course (and also the scaled variations) are still impossible.

-use the forum for the form checks of exercise and for having a suggestion about the plateau.

Andrew Witchger

Thanks, Alessandro. I’ll try focusing more on the restore series and start using the forum for form checks.