Hello coaches,
I have a question concerning proper form for FL PE1. The cue that is given is to make sure your shoulder blades are off the ground, which makes sense. I find though that I can do this in two different ways. The first involves a higher position, and is harder to maintain. In it, I feel like a single spot on my lower back is pressed into the ground, and rocking in this position seems possible. See the top still pasted below. The second position is lower, easier to maintain, and because it involves a longer stretch of contact between the back and the ground, seems like it would be harder to rock smoothly. My lower back is still touching the ground, but there is no longer pressure on that single spot. This is the second still pasted below. I had always assumed that the higher position was better, but recently I saw someone on this forum advised that they were too curled up during this PE, and when I look at the top still, it does look higher than the position in the technique clips in the course library, so I'm wondering which of these two positions I'm aiming for. Apologies if this seems like too minor a distinction. The two positions maybe feel more different than they look. But since the next several PEs all involve variations on this theme, I figured I'd ask. Thanks!