I would like a form check on this exercise, anything I should correct?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6khtbijwdsfmacc/VID_20190616_213041_788.mp4?dl=0
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, June 16, 2019 · 5 Replies · 67 Views
I would like a form check on this exercise, anything I should correct?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6khtbijwdsfmacc/VID_20190616_213041_788.mp4?dl=0
Hey Mario, this is the first time that i see this way to reach the position! btw the execution is ok.
Hahaha the first time I tried it was the easiest to me, so I keep like that. How is the position reached normally, doing the lift right at the exercise position?
i perform a pike over the stallbar, then i reach the stall bar by moving the arms into shoulder extension position.
Hey alessandro, its been a while and I'm again at this exercise buiding up to 4x10 but I have skipped PE4-8 of side lever because I cannot perform them at the park I where I train. If I have learned something fron GBT is to not underestimate previous exercises even if I can perform a 'harder' one.
Here is my actual PE9:
- front: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpgz6des8bbt3ra/IMG_20200225_223714_498.mp4?dl=0
- side: https://www.dropbox.com/s/stmrlzz9w9xdsbm/IMG_20200225_223717_375.mp4?dl=0
First of all I would like a form check on this exercise, when I perform it I always feel like I'm going to puke.
So, I have seen now an option to work PE4 to PE6 with back straps, should I consider buying it and regress to PE4? Also, is it possible somehow to do PE7-8 on stall bars?
It looks pretty good, Mario. Be careful not to let your glutes and lower back pass through the bars (past your arms) as you raise and lower your feet. This will require some extra attention on your part as there isn't a bar behind your lower back to remind you. Buying a back strap and going back to your previous progressions would be beneficial. You can also do PE7 and 8 using the back strap, but turning around so that your hands are on the bar rather than your feet. However PE 7 and 8 can also be done by laying on a table, counter top, chair, couch. Anyplace that will allow you to lay on your stomach with your legs hanging off will work for these two exercises.