This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FKP/PE2

Started by Leigh Cambre, June 15, 2019 · 3 Replies · 31 Views

Leigh Cambre

Here's a video of me doing the Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk:

The example in the video has his knuckles go to 90 degrees! Woah! I cannot get nearly that close. Am I supposed to hang on this step indefinitely (even though I'm progressing normally with wrist walks, wrist rock walks, and kneeling fingertip walks)?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Leigh,

the long hollow is not the first variation of the exercise. now the correct way is restoring the full range of motion then work on a harder variation on the full range of motion. step back on previous steps and fix the gap between your execution and course execution.

Leigh Cambre

So, to confirm, I should not progress on this until I can reach 90 degrees? I'm just stunned. I guess I didn't think I would ever be able to do 90 degrees with my fingers.

Alessandro Mainente

yes. if you stayed for years without exploring the full range of motion you cannot expect improvement in some weeks. it took to me 10 years to restore my spine extension and perform a bridge.