This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2>iM

Started by Leigh Cambre, June 15, 2019 · 3 Replies · 29 Views

Leigh Cambre

Here's a video of me doing the Static Shoulder Extension with Weighted Bar.

Is it okay to just do what I can do? Or do I need to stay here until I get to a certain degree upward? It seems the guy in the video is getting to 90 degrees! I ask this knowing I'm progressing with the headstand just fine and won't be doing the headstand much longer...

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Leigh in the...i would say 100% of the cases...the mistake is thinking that adding weight and reducing the grip is the important thing.

this is wrong...no matter the weigth...no matter the grip...the range of motion comes first.

if you cannot raise the bar up to 90° take off the weight and increase the grip.

Leigh Cambre

Hi there,

Understood that this exercise, in isolation, is not being completed.

Big picture: This is the mobility that is paired with the headstand. I presume that I should keep progressing with the headstand, right?

Alessandro Mainente

yes.