This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TOPS Pulls

Started by Neil Gynther, June 13, 2019 · 3 Replies · 91 Views

Neil Gynther

How’s my form on these? Suggestions? Thanks.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Pretty good so far, Neil! You can see in your video that you pick up some pike in your hips as you pull back to an inverted hang. Remember to engage your glutes throughout your set to help keep your hips straight. I recommend decreasing reps and only doing as many as you are able with straight hips.

Neil Gynther

Thanks, will do. I’ve found it difficult  to notice the hips piking in this movement (until I look at the video). There is supposed to be some momentum in the swing to inversion, right? It feels like I’m almost pushing away on the rings on the way back up. I feel it around my triceps and rear delt areas. Is that correct technique? As a side note these have been creating some progress in my stalled negative front lever pulls, so that’s a positive for sure. Thanks again Jeffrey.

Alessandro Mainente

Momentum can be used a bit maybe in the first rep but on the other, it should be reduced as much as possible. feeling the tricep is pretty common since they are assisting the lats.