This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Planche Lean

Started by Neil Gynther, June 13, 2019 · 3 Replies · 49 Views

Neil Gynther

Hey folks. I was working on tuck planche for a while with little success. I realized that my lean was lacking, so I went back to elevated leans to try and fix the problem. How does this look? It’s my fifth set. I’m trying to squeeze my butt to keep as much PPT as possible. I’m trying to keep my hips completely open and my scapulas protracted and depressed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Neil, keep in mind there is a difference between protraction and hollow. Protraction is the lateral movement of the scapula while hollow is done by rounding the spine. You are picking up too much hollow. Your goal is to create a straight line with your body from the bottom of the scapula all the way down to your toes. Once your position is locked in, work to increase your lean here as well.

Neil Gynther

I can’t believe that after almost 5 years of GST I’ve never understood the difference between scap protraction and hollow! That’s a real forehead slapper. Thanks for enlightening me Jefferey. I’ll get back to training these and post a video within the next couple of weeks.

Alessandro Mainente

there is always a first time!! is better later than never.