This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5 Hollow Body Hold Check

Started by Callum Muntz, June 12, 2019 · 5 Replies · 86 Views

Callum Muntz

G'day everyone,

I have been working on hollow body holds for a while, building up to 5 x 60s. However, I noticed going beyond 48s really started to degrade my form and focus - at about the third of fourth set my lower back would struggle to stay on the ground. Further, I tried some Hollow Body Rocks and they destroyed me just doing 12 or so reps (largely because of the hands above the head). Therefore, I decide to wind the holds back to 24s and focus intently on tight contraction in the serratus region.

I have two questions please:

1. How is the form, based on my sixth set of 24s hold (video below)

2. Do you think this is a good idea for programming, or should I 'tough it out' at 48s and above, building endurance

Thanks in advance

Callum

 

Alessandro Mainente

hey Callum, i would:

-move lower the feet a bit, something like 5-10 cm

-raise the upper body so that the lower part of the thoracic spine is on the floor.

Callum Muntz

Thanks Alessandro,

Filmed it today. How is this?

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Callum Muntz said:

Thanks Alessandro,

Filmed it today. How is this?

 

https://youtu.be/dPYJtEHnRsI

hey Callum, the video is not available.

Callum Muntz
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey Callum, the video is not available.

My apologies. Accidentally made it private. Should be fixed now

https://youtu.be/dPYJtEHnRsI

Alessandro Mainente

Well, the alignment is good, try to avoid holds longer than your best alignment. i mean that if you lose some shoulders elevation simply stop the set.

in order to avoid that i'm used to put something under my upper back and if I do not touch it i'm fine...if i touch it....game over.