Pineda Cross

Started by Wangtang6911, May 6, 2010 · 12 Replies · 3,695 Views

Wangtang6911

Yo,

So recently, I have been playing around with my strength sequence a lot, but one thing has always bothered me. I mount with either a back uprise cross or back uprise maltese. Either way, I only get 1 D cross in there. I have played around with the other D crosses, but decided that I want to mount with a Pineda cross.

My question is what drills or what technique do people use to do the pineda from a hang?

Thanks!

Gregor

Spotting...

If you want ust add one more cross, you can also do a one more azarian and/or nakayama. For time being not yet able to do pineda.

PS: back uprise to cross :arrow: you mean inverted? uprise to normal is a C-value.

John Sapinoso
Gregor said:
Spotting...

gregor, in your case is the majority of higher lever strength on rings achieved mainly though spotting? surely there are some progressions and drills?

Wangtang6911
Gregor said:
Spotting...

If you want ust add one more cross, you can also do a one more azarian and/or nakayama. For time being not yet able to do pineda.

PS: back uprise to cross :arrow: you mean inverted? uprise to normal is a C-value.

Yeah, I do back uprise cross or kip Cross ©. The strength sequence I use right now is:

Back uprise cross ©

Pull Maltese (E)

Press Planche (D)

Nakayama (D)

Inlocate

Back Uprise Maltese (E)

I want to get rid of that first cross and mount with a Pineda Cross (D) instead. I had a coach spot me before, but it didn't really help me too much. Spotting didn't help too much on the Nakayam either, to be honest. I think that the only thing that really helped me was just figuring out how to lock my triceps into my lats. I think I need to figure out something like that to really get this skill down!

Gregor
ts00nami said:
Gregor said:
Spotting...

gregor, in your case is the majority of higher lever strength on rings achieved mainly though spotting? surely there are some progressions and drills?

Not realy trough from porgressions...It was mainly trough spotting and doing accsesory exercises simultaniosly.

Gregor
Wangtang6911 said:
Gregor said:
Spotting...

If you want ust add one more cross, you can also do a one more azarian and/or nakayama. For time being not yet able to do pineda.

PS: back uprise to cross :arrow: you mean inverted? uprise to normal is a C-value.

Yeah, I do back uprise cross or kip Cross ©. The strength sequence I use right now is:

Back uprise cross ©

Pull Maltese (E)

Press Planche (D)

Nakayama (D)

Inlocate

Back Uprise Maltese (E)

I want to get rid of that first cross and mount with a Pineda Cross (D) instead. I had a coach spot me before, but it didn't really help me too much. Spotting didn't help too much on the Nakayam either, to be honest. I think that the only thing that really helped me was just figuring out how to lock my triceps into my lats. I think I need to figure out something like that to really get this skill down!

When you are doing a pineda try tu push down rings like in victorian and when legs sre stasrting to descent then spread arms to aside together with pushing down.

Why not try to do azarian cross instead of a pineda, because it's very similar to nakayama and if you can already do nakayama, why not?

Gregor

How is going your pineda?

Wangtang6911
Gregor said:
How is going your pineda?

Hey gregor! I was just on the FIG website today and saw that you were ranked 4th or so in the world on rings!! Awesome! Keep up the good work!

I haven't done the pineda in a while because it was hurting the bottom of my elbows pretty badly. The Nakayama is solid though! I have done some azarian drills, but the roll over feels a little bit off to me.

Hope everything goes well for you dude!!

Gregor

Thanks.

It always could be bette :lol: I'm preaty well (injury wise, litlle biceps pain on my left arm though),...

Cole Dano
Gregor said:
Thanks.

It always could be bette :lol: I'm preaty well (injury wise, litlle biceps pain on my left arm though),...

#4 ranking! That is a fantastic achievement Gregor!

Blairbob

That is awesome and amazing, Gregor. WTG!

Razz

Yeah, holy crap! Congratulations!

Gregor

Thanx, I was third for some while though :mrgreen: Now are 3 strong competitions till end of the year (Osijek, Stuttgard, Glasgow) and will probably lose few more rank placeses too.