This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE6 elevated planche lean

Started by Eloy Bote, June 12, 2019 · 13 Replies · 123 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi,

Bad plantarflexion, I had a grade 2 ankle sprain a month ago.

I lean as much as I can but it gets to the point where I am about to lose the grip, my hands are like 45 degrees to the side. Should I lower the hips more like I did at second 12?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi eloy , notice the photo below

gb.png

the set ends when you begin to change the angle from the position left to right. this happens due to poor shoulder strength and it is the most common strategy to reduce the lean. simply you need to reduce the length of the set early at the point where no help from feet is showed.

Eloy Bote
53 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi eloy , notice the photo below

gb.png

the set ends when you begin to change the angle from the position left to right. this happens due to poor shoulder strength and it is the most common strategy to reduce the lean. simply you need to reduce the length of the set early at the point where no help from feet is showed.

That moment was eactly when I tried to lower the hips, so, is it wrong? Were my hips ok until that moment? And, should I lean even more forward? I thought the wrists should align with the hips vertically and I'm very far to reach that point :(

Alessandro Mainente

You should reach the correct bodyline first, then you can think about leaning. consider that with lean in the video you are using the wrong technique, so for sure reduce the lean and stay here until you reach 15-18 seconds. then step back and increase the lean a the point where you can hold a clean position for 6 seconds.

Eloy Bote
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You should reach the correct bodyline first, then you can think about leaning. consider that with lean in the video you are using the wrong technique, so for sure reduce the lean and stay here until you reach 15-18 seconds. then step back and increase the lean a the point where you can hold a clean position for 6 seconds.

Thanks Alessandro, in this video I wasn't going for endurance, just playing around with the form to check different body positions to have feedback of the correct form. So the form before I change the feet it's the correct one, right?

Eloy Bote

New attempt.

I can't do it better with the ankle yet, it's not fully healed. The counter starts when I lower the hips after the lean.

I do 3 sets of 20-30 seconds 2 times a week. Is this enough?

Eloy Bote

Any feedback?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, the lean is ok BUT i need to ask you to use a different surface under your feet. if you make any type of additional friction it constitutes a facilitation.

Eloy Bote
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eloy, the lean is ok BUT i need to ask you to use a different surface under your feet. if you make any type of additional friction it constitutes a facilitation.

Do you mean use something more slippery? Or do you mean to not drag the box with the feet? I don't know how to position the body in the beggining so that's why I drag the box, I need some references like the shoulder angle.

Alessandro Mainente

Something more slippery for your feet.

Eloy Bote

A little update with a nice slippery surface. In this one I didn't measure well the distance and I ran out of space in the bench :(

 

Should I focus on leaning more forward or more time? I can hold 5x30 seconds but not with full range of motion, with full ROM I can hold like 5x20.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, you should focus on technique first. the hips are unnecessarily higher. Move them down of 4-5 cm.

Also, there is no reason to work on a partial range of motion. your brain learns what you train. holding a partial range of motion will make you stronger on a partial range of motion.

Eloy Bote
19 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eloy, you should focus on technique first. the hips are unnecessarily higher. Move them down of 4-5 cm.

Also, there is no reason to work on a partial range of motion. your brain learns what you train. holding a partial range of motion will make you stronger on a partial range of motion.

Alright, thank you, lower the hips and full range of motion. How do you know when you are in the perfect range of motion? I use a spot to tell me when my hands are aligned with my hips, otherwise I have no clue!

Alessandro Mainente

wrap a band around your waist at belly button level. it should be long enough that it can barely touch the floor. then lean until the band is in between the hands.