Hi guys....sorry if this has been asked before. I search a few pages but have not found my answer. for over a year I have been doing ALL Foundation 1 exercises on the same day. I see that Coach recommends doing lower body on one day, upper body another day and core another day. Can I work on several exercises on the same part of the body at the same day/time? For example, I am currently on SPL/SE1(Bent arm straddle planche hold) but having a difficult time. Can I work on this along with other exercises such as planche holds, pseudo planche push ups on the day I do upper body? I think I still need to work on my straight arm strength vs balance for the bent arm straddle planche hold. Or work on a several core exercises on core day? I would like to progress but think that if I only did the core exercise on one day I would be in the gym for 30-40 mins and would still have a lot of energy to do more work. Thanks guys. Love the program.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Doing more than one exercise (eg. core) on same day
Started by Ed Capacite, June 12, 2019 · 3 Replies · 56 Views
Hey Edgardo, it is not the first time that i hear the words "i have a lot of energy" but do not confuse the perceived intensity of a workout with the stress of the central nervous system. If i ask you to do 10 sets of 1 rep of your maximum weighted pullup you feel the difficulty of the movement during the rep but 5 minutes after the 10th set you feel like you did no work BUT the reality says 10 sets o 1 rep with maximal effort. this is a very big load for your brain, no matter how do you feel it.
my personal suggestion is patience. when it will be the time to do more...you will be ready.
Thank-you. I appreciate your feedback. I do get your point and agree. I definitely haven’t mastered a lot of the exercises. Thanks again.
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Edgardo, it is not the first time that i hear the words "i have a lot of energy" but do not confuse the perceived intensity of a workout with the stress of the central nervous system. If i ask you to do 10 sets of 1 rep of your maximum weighted pullup you feel the difficulty of the movement during the rep but 5 minutes after the 10th set you feel like you did no work BUT the reality says 10 sets o 1 rep with maximal effort. this is a very big load for your brain, no matter how do you feel it.
my personal suggestion is patience. when it will be the time to do more...you will be ready.