This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2 + iM

Started by Geonho Lee, June 11, 2019 · 14 Replies · 178 Views

Geonho Lee

and

Check please;)

I always appreciate it, and hope coaches who are in this forum have a good day

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Geonho, the PE is ok. unfortunately the IM no.

As stated in many different post of IM2 the first goal is 90° of shoulder extension, in other words, arms parallel to the ground:

-no matter the weigth;

-no matter the grip;

-range of motion FIRST!

so the strategy now is increasing the grip at the point where you can lift the arms up to horizontal. then reach 10''. then add weigth and begin on searching a grip where you can work with horizontal arms.

Geonho Lee
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Geonho, the PE is ok. unfortunately the IM no.

As stated in many different post of IM2 the first goal is 90° of shoulder extension, in other words, arms parallel to the ground:

-no matter the weigth;

-no matter the grip;

-range of motion FIRST!

so the strategy now is increasing the grip at the point where you can lift the arms up to horizontal. then reach 10''. then add weigth and begin on searching a grip where you can work with horizontal arms.

It was really helpful! Thank you so much 

Geonho Lee
On 6/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Geonho, the PE is ok. unfortunately the IM no.

As stated in many different post of IM2 the first goal is 90° of shoulder extension, in other words, arms parallel to the ground:

-no matter the weigth;

-no matter the grip;

-range of motion FIRST!

so the strategy now is increasing the grip at the point where you can lift the arms up to horizontal. then reach 10''. then add weigth and begin on searching a grip where you can work with horizontal arms.

Is this Ok??

Alessandro Mainente

At 15 seconds you have reached the correct amount of shoulder extension.

Geonho Lee

This is my progression. I did it today and I was wondering when I should move to the next level because I think I have enough strength for headstand, 5 sets if 60second. I don’t mean I’ll rush. I just want to get your advice.

@Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, Geonho Lee said:

This is my progression. I did it today and I was wondering when I should move to the next level because I think I have enough strength for headstand, 5 sets if 60second. I don’t mean I’ll rush. I just want to get your advice.

@Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

From a front view appears that you can reduce the grip. my sensation is that you are opening the chest too much and a side view is necessary to evaluate my doubt.

Geonho Lee
On 11/11/2019 at 6:17 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

From a front view appears that you can reduce the grip. my sensation is that you are opening the chest too much and a side view is necessary to evaluate my doubt.

Is the grip problem Ok now? and the chest too. Check please coach! 

Alessandro Mainente

Well no chest-out problem...now you need to reduce the hand's distance before moving on.

Geonho Lee
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well no chest-out problem...now you need to reduce the hand's distance before moving on.

Ok and I have a question. I think I heard from someone that The Lat size affects this movement. I want to know how you think about that

Alessandro Mainente

That probably i am bigger than you but i can raise a 10 kg bar with hands together.

Geonho Lee
On 11/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

That probably i am bigger than you but i can raise a 10 kg bar with hands together.

 

I can’t raise the 10kg bar but I think I’m getting used to this ROM. How do you think about this?

 

I’ve actually done the forearm headstand for about 3 weeks and I can do it 5 sets of 60s.. should I stop it and go back to the level before, headstand until when I master this movement?

additionally when it comes to supine floor flexion, I find myself doing it 5sets of 30s..

I’ve been training thoracic series once a week including that kind of movements such as standing shoulder extension.

I don’t want to skip the basic but I just wondering if I can move on to the next level

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

 

I can’t raise the 10kg bar but I think I’m getting used to this ROM. How do you think about this?

 

I’ve actually done the forearm headstand for about 3 weeks and I can do it 5 sets of 60s.. should I stop it and go back to the level before, headstand until when I master this movement?

additionally when it comes to supine floor flexion, I find myself doing it 5sets of 30s..

I’ve been training thoracic series once a week including that kind of movements such as standing shoulder extension.

I don’t want to skip the basic but I just wondering if I can move on to the next level

 

Hey Geonho, the 10 kg is by fat the long terms goal...usually the 10% of the body weight is enough to move on.

Geonho Lee
30 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho, the 10 kg is by fat the long terms goal...usually the 10% of the body weight is enough to move on.

Ok, Is the from Ok??

Alessandro Mainente

yes.