This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time off

Started by FOMANYI Fossoh, June 10, 2019 · 3 Replies · 141 Views

FOMANYI Fossoh

Hello world, 

I hope everyone is feeling great. I have been doing the GB course for approximately 3 months now and have noticed some progress. Upon reviewing my work out history , I noticed that i have consistently taken a slight break one week of each month where I complete just one of the exercises on coach Sommers recommended schedule. My question are, will this impede my progress and what are your recommendation for taking breaks. For background, I compete in Brazilian jiu-jitsu so I still get three days of training during this period. Thank you for your response in advance. Have a wonderful day. 

 

Sincerely, 

Fomanyi 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Fomanyi, well the suggestion of taking a break on Coach Sommer schedule is based on his experience and on the fact that we must be careful with people we cannot meet in person. programming rest week, days and generally the recovery session is something that should a problem only when we are a bit more avanced. at the beginning simply follow the suggestion. no matter if you are still training for jiu-jitsu, you are taking a break from other movements.

FOMANYI Fossoh

Hey Alesso, 

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, do not take rest breaks because they will slow down my progress? Please clarify

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, a beginner can reduce the amount of rest especially when they are training to foundations.