This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2

Started by Thomas Nordman, June 7, 2019 · 11 Replies · 118 Views

Thomas Nordman

Hi,

My progress on this PE i extremly slow (I started it back in 2017), currently on step 6. I’ve been patient and concistent but now come to a point where I need to change things up a bit. It seems very hard to build the necessary endurance with the recommended programming. Anyway, a form check is probably a good idea.

Input is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Step 6, set 2:

Step 6, set 5:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Thomas, the movement is god...now how is your level on the pike and front split?

Thomas Nordman

@Alessandro Mainente my pike is decent. I’m doing fairly well on the manna progressions.

774A473A-4B68-4F1B-AB98-F17893592381.thumb.png.10f1a2a47105a325776be66ced692017.png

The front splits is not as good. I have a history of tight hip flexors and quads, but have worked on getting more flexible the last few years. I know that tight hip flexors make the FL progressions harder but considering that the current progression (FL/PE2) is with bent legs I thought that my flexibility was not limiting me that much?

650E608F-8157-44C5-9FF8-7C55FCB69F13.thumb.png.c1533ff918b9572afaf717ba1efaf46f.png

As a side note I have prominent lumbar lordosis. You would think that that could make keeping PPT a bit harder, no?

My recent programming has been to do more volume by adding an extra set of 36 reps (6 set total) each session, doing 2 sessions/week. I think the extra volume has made a small positive difference but still progress is slow overall.

Input most welcome!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Thomas, remember that the pike reflects the compression of the upper body on the lower body. actually, you have a room of improvement, definitely. 

now, your front split and pike can be improved. the pike compression needs a good spine flexion something that can be a limitation for all the hollow body position. also the front split especially the hips flexor can be a limiting factor too.

 

Thomas Nordman

Yes you are right, they both can be improved. Would that be where I should put my focus in order to have better progress? What do you suggest? Any recommendations regarding the programming?

Alessandro Mainente

At your level, for now, stay with the current schedule. I still prefer not giving personalized structured suggestion for someone in the beginning stage.

Thomas Nordman

Ok, so in order to have better progress you think that I'll have most to gain by improving my level on the pike and front splits?

Nils Westfelt

Hey Thomas! Where in Sweden are you located?

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Thomas Nordman said:

Ok, so in order to have better progress you think that I'll have most to gain by improving my level on the pike and front splits?

probably yes.....in this variation and also in the following. the more the upper body posterior chain is tight the more the abs become fatigued prematurely. same things for hips flexor.

Thomas Nordman
9 hours ago, Nils Westfelt said:

Hey Thomas! Where in Sweden are you located?

Hey Nils! Happy to see a fellow Swede on the forum. I'm based in Linköping. Cool to see your progress btw! :) How long have you been on GST?

Nils Westfelt
On 6/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, Thomas Nordman said:

Hey Nils! Happy to see a fellow Swede on the forum. I'm based in Linköping. Cool to see your progress btw! :) How long have you been on GST?

Oh! Linköping! Im in Stockholm. Too bad, I thought it would be fun to work out together if you where here in Stockholm as well. 

I’ve been doing GST for 1,5 years give or take. It’s a long road :) but I’m enjoying every minute of it! What about you?

Thomas Nordman
On 6/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, Nils Westfelt said:

Oh! Linköping! Im in Stockholm. Too bad, I thought it would be fun to work out together if you where here in Stockholm as well. 

I’ve been doing GST for 1,5 years give or take. It’s a long road :) but I’m enjoying every minute of it! What about you?

Yep, doing some sessions together would've been great for inspiration. I joined GST back in 2016 as a compliment to x-country skiing (and rock climbing). More than that I believe it gives me the perfect physical foundation for any activity. And life itself. :)