This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

supp stretching for bicep and pec minor tightness

Started by Corey Young, June 6, 2019 · 1 Replies · 66 Views

Corey Young

I've gotten more consistent with the thoracic bridge stretch series, but due to 20+ yrs weightlifting (unsurprisingly) have very tight biceps, pec minor, and shoulders.

I still deadlift and shoulder press once a week, and lots of of pull ups, rock climbing etc. in addition to the GB strength series workouts. Should I supplement the weekly thoracic bridge series with more tables and shoulder extension stretches? I assume yes - just curious if I should stretch during my weight workouts or after and if I should use some kind of weighted assistance to help with shoulder extension esp, since I really can't get my hands more than a few inches away from my hips when extending behind my back with a bar.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

corey

Alessandro Mainente

HI Corey, for sure adding shìoulder extension work 2-3 times a week (comprised of the TB series) is a good idea. consider that, due to 20+ years weightlifting and pullup and rock climbing, the restoring process will take a lot of time... really a lot.