Hello ![]()
Check this video-
The black dancer - Brahim did a MANNA-ONE HAND at 2:55.
MAD skill :shock:
Started by Brusi, May 7, 2008 · 4 Replies · 3,059 Views
Hello ![]()
Check this video-
The black dancer - Brahim did a MANNA-ONE HAND at 2:55.
MAD skill :shock:
hoooooly crap!
:shock:
I don't know. Can it really be considered a manna if the athlete didn't start from rest and use his muscles to get his torso up into that position?
Don't get me wrong, it's a really great demonstration of a stall. But he started from a standing position and used his momentum to get to that position. Doesn't seem like a manna to me.
Charles
I can't view that video right now because I am at work, but I can guarantee that I know exactly which freeze you are talking about. Brahim does it all the time. While technically not a manna as he jumps or leans into it from a standing position, it is still impressive as a one-handed piked hollow back freeze. The fact that Brahim is freaky flexible gives him the ability to make this freeze look not only very cool, but gives the illusion that it is something entirely different from a single handed piked hollow back.
I will check the vid when I get home to make sure i'm not mistaken, but i'd bet dollars to doughnuts that I already know what is on it.
Shoes Magoo said:I can't view that video right now because I am at work, but I can guarantee that I know exactly which freeze you are talking about. Brahim does it all the time. While technically not a manna as he jumps or leans into it from a standing position, it is still impressive as a one-handed piked hollow back freeze. The fact that Brahim is freaky flexible gives him the ability to make this freeze look not only very cool, but gives the illusion that it is something entirely different from a single handed piked hollow back.I will check the vid when I get home to make sure i'm not mistaken, but i'd bet dollars to doughnuts that I already know what is on it.
Please pardon my double post.
Just checked the vid, and I was half right. He doesn't lean into it, he pushes up into it from airchair, which is eye-popping, even though he uses a bit of momentum. It is a single hand inverted hollow back. It only looks strange because he is more flexible than most bboys, and can practically plant his face between his knees with straight legs. The battle is sick, though.