This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE1 iM Inverted Pike Pull Formcheck

Started by Nils Westfelt, June 1, 2019 · 3 Replies · 81 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hi! 

Ive been doing these for quite some time now. Mobility is getting there but I’m wondering what to aim for here? Hips should be the same height as the hands, but where do I measure the hip? I think the easiest is if someone can asses the video and say how much I’m lacking or not in flexibility so I know what to work for. 

Cheers beautiful people!

 

Eloy Bote

Hey Nils you need to let the body go and aim to align the hips with the hands at horizontal level. Work hard in your hamstring flexibility and you will get there because you are very close! Maybe you can add some downward facing dog sets 3 times a week after your work out, nothing heavy, just go as far as you start to feel the stretch, you don't need to go to your limit. I have natural apt so for me the hamstring flexibility improved very fast, and I'm almost 40yo!

 

Nils Westfelt
8 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

Hey Nils you need to let the body go and aim to align the hips with the hands at horizontal level. Work hard in your hamstring flexibility and you will get there because you are very close! Maybe you can add some downward facing dog sets 3 times a week after your work out, nothing heavy, just go as far as you start to feel the stretch, you don't need to go to your limit. I have natural apt so for me the hamstring flexibility improved very fast, and I'm almost 40yo!

 

Wow Eloy! That looks awesomely easy for you! :) thanks for the pointers. Although I am pretty flexible my biggest problem is that I have trouble relaxing, it’s like my body and brain just say stop even though I have more range. It feels scary to go further, but I guess in time that will sort itself out. 

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, Nils Westfelt said:

Hi! 

Ive been doing these for quite some time now. Mobility is getting there but I’m wondering what to aim for here? Hips should be the same height as the hands, but where do I measure the hip? I think the easiest is if someone can asses the video and say how much I’m lacking or not in flexibility so I know what to work for. 

Cheers beautiful people!

 

Well if possible....hips should be........at the heel level.