Hi guys,
Here is my shoulder extension attempt with no weight. It took a lot to the cameraman so I'm tired in the second one, it was like a 20 or 30 seconds hold.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Eloy Bote, June 1, 2019 · 6 Replies · 77 Views
Hi guys,
Here is my shoulder extension attempt with no weight. It took a lot to the cameraman so I'm tired in the second one, it was like a 20 or 30 seconds hold.
Hey Eloy, remember to keep your chest as open as possible as you do this exercise. Leaning forward gives the appearance that you are lifting the bar higher, when in reality it isn't at shoulder height. Once you are able to lift the bar to shoulder height while keeping your chest open, work on bringing your hands closer together so that they are at shoulder width.
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Eloy, remember to keep your chest as open as possible as you do this exercise. Leaning forward gives the appearance that you are lifting the bar higher, when in reality it isn't at shoulder height. Once you are able to lift the bar to shoulder height while keeping your chest open, work on bringing your hands closer together so that they are at shoulder width.
Hey Jeffrey do you mean to retract more the scapula? I'm bad with that, any exercise to help with that? I used to do a lot of german hang and skin the cat in the past maybe I should come back to that.
Hey Eloy,
You can see in your first video that you are sitting up straight with an open chest as you begin to lift the bar. Around 3 seconds in you hunch forward slightly. Try to sit up straight the entire time.
11 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Eloy,
You can see in your first video that you are sitting up straight with an open chest as you begin to lift the bar. Around 3 seconds in you hunch forward slightly. Try to sit up straight the entire time.
OK I do that to avoid arching the back because I have lordosis. I will try to tuck the pelvis in and push the chest forward at the same time let's see what happens!
Coaches just I little question about the form because I do this exercise almost every day! Should I worry about the hips? Because when I push my hips forward my chest goes in and I lose some retraction. Oh and the wrist, if I extend the wrist I can raise the arms a bit more but is that cheating maybe?
Hey Eloy, try to keep your body straight from head to toe and your wrists in a neutral position.