This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Skater squat

Started by Iain McLean, June 1, 2019 · 12 Replies · 136 Views

Iain McLean

I’m progressing pretty quick through this exercise.  Almost at mastery so want to check in with it and the IM

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Looking pretty good, Iain! Try to sit your chest up as tall as possible during your squats. On your iM you start to pick up some pike in your hips as you get tired. I recommend staying on this step until you are able to do the iM without any movement in the hips.

Iain McLean

I’m still working on the upper body staying upright on the squat but I feel that my IM has improved.  Any further changes recommended?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Iain

Iain McLean

@Jeffrey Bittner, I had a hiatus from this exercise but am back and at mastery.  You commented previously about maintaining a more upright torso during the skater squats.  I try my best but find I still have a decent amount of forward lean.  I'm wondering if this is just due to my body proportions or if there is still room for improvement.  

Cheers

  

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work on your PE. Are you able to do your iM with your legs closer together?

Iain McLean
On 7/7/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work on your PE. Are you able to do your iM with your legs closer together?

Sorry about the unlevel camera angle.  Here are front and side views.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Sorry about the unlevel camera angle.  Here are front and side views.

 

 

HI Iain , my impression is that from the front view that your left leg is a bit outside compared to the right one. this can be due to tighter hips flexors on one side.

Iain McLean
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Iain , my impression is that from the front view that your left leg is a bit outside compared to the right one. this can be due to tighter hips flexors on one side.

I’ll keep stretching and see if I can even it out.

Iain McLean

Is this any better @Alessandro Mainente?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

Is this any better @Alessandro Mainente?

 

 

Maybe i'm seeing something wrong but i still have the impression that your left upper leg is more straddled than the right one.

Iain McLean

@Alessandro Mainente I appreciate your eye to detail.  This video might allow for a more clear picture:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now is ok!