This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE6 Mastery check

Started by Nils Westfelt, May 31, 2019 · 9 Replies · 123 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hi guys! 

Ok so parallel bar dips. Coming from negative bar dips these feel so easy. Is that common? 5x5r are no problems whatsoever. The video is showing a seventh set of 5r since I feel 5x5r wasn't giving me anything. If my form is good is there any point in staying on this step to prepare my joints for next progression for example? 

Cheers!

PE: 

iM: 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice job, Nils! As you do your dips try not to let your feet drift back behind you. Other than that they are looking solid. On your iM keep working to open your shoulder angle a bit more. Keep up the great work!

Nils Westfelt

Thanks  @Jeffrey Bittner

Ill stay a few more weeks and clean them up. 

Question: The bars at my gym are all angled a bit, does it matter witch way I’m turned? On the video my hands are turned a little bit inwards. If I’m the other way around my hands will be a little turned outwards, more like Undergrip Single Bar Dip in F2. Maybe I should work on both or does that matter? Also in terms of reps, 5x5r feels a bit easy. Before I started GB I remember I used to do sets of 12r, sometimes more, sometimes weighted and so on. Maybe I could work myself up to 5x10r at least?

cheers

Jeffrey Bittner

It's a good idea to switch which direction you face each time you do a set. Doing so will help you to avoid any small muscle imbalances. I recommend following the course programming during your daily workouts, but you are welcome to add some supplemental dip work after completing your assigned workout.

Nils Westfelt

@Jeffrey Bittner I was wondering, what’s considered mastery for iM here? Should I aim pass a straight line from elbow to hips? 

Also on the PE, should the body be completely straight from feet to head? I can go completely straight so there’s no drifting from the feet but that feels more like the so called “impossible dip”? Or are we allowed to move our shoulders a little bit infront of the hands as long as the feet don’t drift? In the follow along video and the instruction video there’s a bit of drifting of the feet? I’m a little bit confused to what to aim for.. :(

Alessandro Mainente

Hey NIls, for the IM a 180° of the open shoulder is considered mastery.

The impossible dip in order to be done requires to be a monster in the front lever so do not overthink too much about it ;-)

Nils Westfelt

@Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente

Hey guys. 

Are these any better? If I try not to shift my feet behind me a bit I feel like the straight body line is lost? What should I do? 

PE: 

 

iM: 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Nils, awesome work. nice focus on detail!

Nils Westfelt
11 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Nils, awesome work. nice focus on detail!

Nice ok thank you! Could I consider this mastery?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes.