This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder dislocation discomfort

Started by Eloy Bote, May 24, 2019 · 8 Replies · 109 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi,

While still trying to mastery the shoulder extension I'm re incorporating the shoulder dislocations to my workouts, just the bar. I'm keeping the same form as the videos but when my arms are at my back is very uncomfortable specially in the final position. I think it's because my external rotation is bad, maybe?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, but why are you doing that?

the primary goal of a progression is to establish a gradual approach in term of intensity.

I'm sure that you perfectly know that and you already have the answer to your problem.

do not train elements if you are not ready for them.

Eloy Bote

OK I will rec a form check for the soulder extension, I've been doing it everyday for 2 months and no matter how wide the grip is, it's impossible for me to go past 90 degrees, even without weight.

Alessandro Mainente

I'll wait to see the execution. meanwhile, are you doing the thoracic bridge course?

Eloy Bote
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I'll wait to see the execution. meanwhile, are you doing the thoracic bridge course?

Yes, every week. I can't do the elevated bridge hip taps and the elevated bridge only can hold like 30 seconds, but the rest are ok, I can touch the floor easily with my lower back  in the shoulder extension.

Alessandro Mainente

Can you show please the shoulder extension? side view and back view?

Eloy Bote
On 5/28/2019 at 11:43 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Can you show please the shoulder extension? side view and back view?

There you go.

I use a mat for easy slide. I'm going to post the IM on form check forum later.

Alessandro Mainente

This is almost perfect. now show the shoulder extension with the bar. it's strange...

Eloy Bote
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This is almost perfect. now show the shoulder extension with the bar. it's strange...

I posted in the form check forum