This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1 mastery check

Started by Ben Clark, May 17, 2019 · 7 Replies · 102 Views

Ben Clark

Below is a video of the last set on the final step of Incline Pushups (HBP/PE1). It felt pretty easy but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I move to PE2. Thanks! 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Ben,

It looks like you need stronger PPT and protraction before moving on. Can you also post a side view?

Ben Clark

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your tip, I do struggle with APT in my daily posture. I included all 5 sets in the video below so that you can compare the first set to the last. My back has a large curve even when my hips are aligned correctly.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It's getting there, Ben! I recommend sending some more time on this progression to work on your PPT and protraction as well as you shoulder mobility on the iM. On your iM your goal is to be able to get your elbow behind your head at the top of your arm swing. Keep up the good work!

Ben Clark

I went back a few steps and really focused on my bodyline. This is the last set of Incline Pushups (HBP/PE1). I'm putting all of my energy into the PPT, I think bodyline this set is just as good as my first set and it's not too hard for my arms. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ben, for sure better compared to your first attempt. personally, i would like to see sPl PE1 , the major limiting factor here seems to be the protraction and from your HS IM1 i can definitely winged scapulae. sPl IM1 will confirm is better. another personal suggestion is: are you following the front split course?

Ben Clark

Here is my sPl/PE1. I am currently doing 3x6r, below is the entire set. Yes, I am following the front split course. Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

I am sure that you can pushup even more. in your specific case, the serratus anterior is weak so finish the last rep where you stay on top for 10 seconds.