This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, May 15, 2019 · 21 Replies · 214 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Mario same mistakes on both video:

-first relax the feet on the instep. if necessary point your toes.

-keep your heels together;

-imagine a straight line running from heels to shoulders, your hips should be on that line...no breaking in the alignment.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario same mistakes on both video:

-first relax the feet on the instep. if necessary point your toes.

-keep your heels together;

-imagine a straight line running from heels to shoulders, your hips should be on that line...no breaking in the alignment.

Thanks Alex, will keep an eye on that

Alessandro Mainente

You got the only one problem man...hips lower! nice analysis.

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely, an improvement, if you can post the form from the side.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Ok, I will upload it next week

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here I am again, more than one year later after going through all the previous PEs, I reuploaded that form check of my first planche lean attempt, where I skipped some of the first PEs and mobility exercises (I was new in GBT):

And here is my today's try:

Funny how I wasnt even able to identify the errors I had back there, and now they are so clear to me.

That said, is the amount of lean enough to increase the time? And I would appreciate if I need to correct something on my actual form

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Mario! You can start to increase your time. Keep up the great work!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

How should I place my hands here? I put them in 45° angle compared to my body line but I just realised that in the follow along video they use a 90° placement. I feel a lot of pressure in my wrists during the hold, but no pain. Should I go for 90° angle?

Jeffrey Bittner

Where you have them is ok. If you are experiencing pain then you can adjust them, however, if it's not currently uncomfortable for you then there is no need.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Pe( is it ok to increase time?) I feel confortable in terms of strength here, i just feel a lot of presure in the wrists but I guess it is normal

IM ( not sure if im not elevating enough here)

Side:

Back:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your PE looks solid. You can start adding time. On your iM, try to minimize the movement in the legs as you hold. Nice job!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Checking for mastery:

Pe:

Im:

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Checking for mastery:

Pe:

Im:

 

Hey Mario.....heels together on the lean! after years of coaching many many guys...spreading the heels out is the most common strategy to avoid excessive fatigue.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario.....heels together on the lean! after years of coaching many many guys...spreading the heels out is the most common strategy to avoid excessive fatigue.

Nice catch, didn't notice, thanks!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Checking for mastery, my dog decided he wanted to be the protagonist :D

This is 5th rep, i dod not recolocatw my feet in the others to get them together

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice job, Mario. Try to increase your lean a bit more even when you're tired. Keep up the great work!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

 

On 1/14/2021 at 7:05 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice job, Mario. Try to increase your lean a bit more even when you're tired. Keep up the great work!

Where should the lace be? To take it as a reference while leaning @Jeffrey Bittner

 

 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

5th set here, is the lean enough?

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

5th set here, is the lean enough?

 

Hey Mario, nicely done.