This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reverse planche training plan

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, May 14, 2019 · 6 Replies · 83 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hi there,

I want to start working towards a reverse planche now that I have a bridge with feet on the floor and I am doing 60sec wall handstands.

I know I should progress further on handstands and maybe work on walkovers, but could you please share some progressions for the reverse planche? Like you currently do for straddle planche, etc.

I thought of working on the elevated bridge with hands way past your shoulders, so like a supported reverse planche with feet on a box, and then straddle to get the feeling, or do a tuck reverse planche, but I am sure I am missing something here.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

Felipe

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Felipe, can you post a video of your bridge?

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hi Alex,

Elevated bridge: https://www.dropbox.com/s/foz8bqngmkix9bc/Video May 14%2C 7 19 27 PM.mov?dl=0

Little bit elevated bridge: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5epfhfltjn7oqt/Video Feb 16%2C 12 01 34 PM.mov?dl=0

Floor bridge: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1nsumeta42bd84/Video May 14%2C 7 27 50 PM.mov?dl=0 (still working on getting my shoulders further out of my hands)

I currently work on all variations, the elevated bridge first and end with floor bridge.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Felipe well, i think that you have a good normal bridge. my suggestion now is first completing the bridge with diamond hands grip. then move the bridge with shoulders past hands and soon or after you will feel less weight on the feet. meanwhile, you can try to perform the same thing on an elevated bridge and starting to recovery the handstand from a good bridge lean.

i'm gonna post here one pic on the only one student that has reached with me the reverse planche. only one in 7 years of adult coaching.

in the first one he was warming up with the bridge (first cold set) than in the second some assistance work.

notice that feet moved off from the floor without too many spotting.

from his very first bridge up to this level passed 4 years.

alex 3.png

Felipe Garcia Rosa

That’s great thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Seems I still have a long time to work on this, will start with the diamond grip.

Is it normal to feel much greater stress in your upper back/thoracic spine when doing shoulders past hands and elevated bridge lean?

What was the volume/frequency that your student was doing for reverse planche training?

Alessandro Mainente

Stress is a lot, for this reason, walkover was build up before in order with coach Sommer suggestions. strong lats , abs and upper back are fundamentals here.

the frequency is personal. at this stage, he had basically a cold bridge like the right pic above. 3/4 times in a week. alternating work on the floor and work from the stall bar.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thats great will keep mixing elevated and floor bridge then.

Yes I tried to lean 10cm shoulders past hands with an elevated bridge and had to stop right away, I felt a lot of pressure on my thoracic spine.