This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check on HS/PE5

Started by Chris Toynbee, May 14, 2019 · 2 Replies · 72 Views

Chris Toynbee

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get a form check for mastery on HS/PE5.

I need each rep to be perfect as I'm really trying to get my shoulders bulletproof as I've had some pain on the shoulder in other exercises. No pain or discomfort on this exercise but I think the dislocates look lopsided:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjenmqwxb09ka3d/Prone Floor Handstand Flexion with Weighted Bar.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu0xuxdnlsk14ru/Standing Overgrip Dislocate with Weighted Bar.mp4?dl=0

Alessandro Mainente

HI Chris, you need many corrections here:

-on the PE keep your chin on the floor, keep your wrists neutral avoiding excessive extension, strive to hold the armpit closer to the floor as much as possible. from my pov you MUST take off some weigth.

-IM: before adding weigth (with a minimum of1 kg) you must first reaching approximately shoulders width. then you can add weigth and begin again. Actually, the execution is asymmetrical probably because the weigth is too much. also as you reach the position where the bar is overhead you need to elevate the shoulders.

I always suggest posting an execution in the early stage of the progression so that corrections can be made as early as possible.

Chris Toynbee

Thanks for the feedback @Alessandro Mainente! I will adjust and repost when I think things are looking better.

Not sure if this is a question for you or the wider group but it feels like this course would value from having the "Technique Tip & Scaling" and "Mobility Technique & Scaling "videos to help ensure technique is more likely to be correct?

What does everyone think?