This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Small Scheduling Question

Started by Mister, May 12, 2019 · 3 Replies · 223 Views

Mister

Hi Guys,

I do lots of boxing and wrestling so I have very little time for anything else. Long story short I have 2 days for Foundation Upper body, Foundation Core + Lower (together), Handstand, and Movement.

How can I schedule them? 

Day 1: Handstand + Upper 

Day 2: Movement + Core (and lower)

 

Or

 

Day 1: Handstand + Core (and lower)

Day 2: Movement + Upper

 

I'm already doing the stretch series after boxing.

Thanks.

Neil Gynther

Hey Mister. I’ve been doing a two day split for foundation for a while now. I’ve been focusing more on grappling for the past couple of years, so there’s been less time for my gymnastics. I’m still making progress in foundations although much slower than if it were my main focus. Day 1 is Deadlift, HBP, RC, SpL. Day 2 is Back Squat, FL, SL, MN. I finished the lower body series a while ago so I now do the squats and deadlifts instead in a Wendler 531 style. I do handstands and my stretch series once a week whenever I can fit them in. I incorporate the movement course into my grappling warmup. This has been working pretty well for me, but, like I said, not the fastest progress in gymnastics.

Allan Bower

Hello Mahmoud,

 

I would recommend the second option: Handstand + Core (and lower) on Day 1 and Movement + Upper on Day 2. This is a great way to schedule your two days of training because Handstand and Core work go hand in hand. This also allows you to separate Upper body training from Handstand work leaving your shoulders, biceps, triceps, etc... 'fresh' for both sessions.

It is great to hear that you are already doing the Strech Series after boxing! Keep up the awesome work! 

 

Best,

Allan Bower

Mahmoud Hashem
On 5/13/2019 at 12:33 AM, Neil Gynther said:

Hey Mister. I’ve been doing a two day split for foundation for a while now. I’ve been focusing more on grappling for the past couple of years, so there’s been less time for my gymnastics. I’m still making progress in foundations although much slower than if it were my main focus. Day 1 is Deadlift, HBP, RC, SpL. Day 2 is Back Squat, FL, SL, MN. I finished the lower body series a while ago so I now do the squats and deadlifts instead in a Wendler 531 style. I do handstands and my stretch series once a week whenever I can fit them in. I incorporate the movement course into my grappling warmup. This has been working pretty well for me, but, like I said, not the fastest progress in gymnastics.

Good to know, Neil. I'm doing something similar as well. Thanks for your input, man.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:05 PM, Allan Bower said:

Hello Mahmoud,

 

I would recommend the second option: Handstand + Core (and lower) on Day 1 and Movement + Upper on Day 2. This is a great way to schedule your two days of training because Handstand and Core work go hand in hand. This also allows you to separate Upper body training from Handstand work leaving your shoulders, biceps, triceps, etc... 'fresh' for both sessions.

It is great to hear that you are already doing the Strech Series after boxing! Keep up the awesome work! 

 

Best,

Allan Bower

Sound reasoning, thank you, Allan. I appreciate the encouragement also.