This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE1

Started by MICHAEL LACROIX, May 12, 2019 · 3 Replies · 50 Views

MICHAEL LACROIX

Requesting a form check on the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. 

I'm really struggling to maintain balance. I've done the previous 3 progressions 2x now so theoretically should have the requisite strength, but can't help almost balancing on my elbows when I try to lean forward. The weight of my legs keeps bringing me down - can't figure out what needs to change. 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/12/2019 at 2:15 AM, MICHAEL LACROIX said:

Requesting a form check on the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. 

I'm really struggling to maintain balance. I've done the previous 3 progressions 2x now so theoretically should have the requisite strength, but can't help almost balancing on my elbows when I try to lean forward. The weight of my legs keeps bringing me down - can't figure out what needs to change. 

 

 

Hey Michael, nice attempt here.

I suggest you move lower the hips and the knees. Also, notice that you are doing a common mistake that I've done many years ago...you are trying to compensate the lever by moving down the shoulders...do not move down..more forward...lean forward!

You can consider to put the hands on an elevated surface and begin from a tuck variation.

MICHAEL LACROIX

Thanks - appreciate the feedback. 

 

Can you elaborate what you mean by "don't move down the shoulders...more forward...lean forward"? 

Also, I seem to remember you posting a video of you doing this same movement from some elevated surface or handles. Any chance you could post that? Trying to learn from the best - thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/12/2019 at 2:15 AM, MICHAEL LACROIX said:

Requesting a form check on the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. 

I'm really struggling to maintain balance. I've done the previous 3 progressions 2x now so theoretically should have the requisite strength, but can't help almost balancing on my elbows when I try to lean forward. The weight of my legs keeps bringing me down - can't figure out what needs to change. 

 

 

If you do not lean forward you cannot balance the lever. If i look to the video you are moving the shoulder closer to the floor instead of moving them away from the hands.

I suggest you to move lower the hips and the knees. Also, notice that you are doing a common mistake that I've done many years ago...you are trying to compensate the lever by moving down the shoulders...do not move down..more forward...lean forward!